X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peytonvp
    replied
    Originally posted by brucemac View Post
    Thanks, good to hear. Can you control zones independently (and quickly) with the MMR20?
    You can not control zones with the MMR20. When you adjust the volume it just adjust everything proportionally based on how you have it set. I thought that I was going to be missing out not having the zone control on the transom but I have not had a moment where I wish I had the ability. I do not think they really make a transom remote that controls zones that is a circle and I really think that on my boat that a rectangle remote was not going to look as good.

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Best on the install.

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
    How did you plan on mounting the main unit ?

I'm asking because I like the Apollo functionality but I have the single DIN opening in the glove box and I don't think they will fit there. You're helm configuration looks like mine, I was wondering if your radio mounting hole is the same as well.
    I assumed it would fit with some modification and the optional bracket, but that's a valid point. Boat's at the upholstery shop currently, so I'm unable to look.

Leave a comment:

• dpb185
    replied
    Looking at the RA670 and RA770 units, but I don't have a good spot for either of the two compatible remotes. The small battery operated wireless remotes could work I guess, but no display and I suspect you can't connect two at the same time (helm and transom).
    How did you plan on mounting the main unit ?

I'm asking because I like the Apollo functionality but I have the single DIN opening in the glove box and I don't think it will fit there. Youre helm configuration looks like mine, I was wondering if your radio mounting hole is the same as well.
    Last edited by dpb185; 11-03-2021, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    here's a couple pics, as you can see, I don't really have a lot to work with outside of a round ~2.5in remote...

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    Originally posted by peytonvp View Post
    I just put in all new mediamaster stuff and I have really liked it. I used an MM50 for the source unit(I only needed three zones, inboats, tower, and sub), MMR40 by the driver, and the the MMR20 on the transom. I was going back and forth between fusion but just wound up going with the JL stuff.
    Thanks, good to hear. Can you control zones independently (and quickly) with the MMR20?

Question for you guys, have you completely eliminated the need for a WS420 with these more capable remotes and multi-zone DMR's? Having the 420 right below my dash has been an incredibly easy and fast way to make quick adjustments, especially when driving. Keeping the 420 seems redundant if you can squeeze in quick/easy zone control at the helm, but having to futz around with my phone or reaching over to the glove box would be a PITA.

Curious what others have done, or have experienced.

Leave a comment:

• peytonvp
    replied

Guess I'll take another look at JL's Mediamaster line, but I've been reading mixed reviews.
    I just put in all new mediamaster stuff and I have really liked it. I used an MM50 for the source unit(I only needed three zones, inboats, tower, and sub), MMR40 by the driver, and the the MMR20 on the transom. I was going back and forth between fusion but just wound up going with the JL stuff.

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies. Moose, I checked out your thread and while I realize the wired remotes are pretty compact, I still don't think I've got the real estate or ideal location for one at the helm. I could possibly squeeze it in somewhere down low on the throttle shroud, but that seems less than ideal. Maybe I'll just have to roll with the ARX remotes for the time being.

One other question regarding 670 vs. 770: Is there an audible sound quality difference with Airplay versus BT (assuming high bitrate streaming)? Trying to justify the difference in cost between the two units. WiFi & Airplay 2 would be great, but if it's not much of an improvement in real world settings out on the water, the 670 would probably serve me fine.

Lastly, anybody found nice trim rings or bezels for the ARX remotes, or are they all custom jobbies at this point?

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    Fusion - round remote?

Brucemac, sorry if you’ve already done this, but note the Fusion Apollo head unit and wired remote, though rectangular, are each very compact. So much so that I was tempted to put the head unit at the helm and a remote at observer and transom. I just got lazy and used the existing NMEA wiring in the boat for ease of installation.

Install thread for the Apollo 670 though note the 770 unit upgrades to a touchscreen: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...=Fusion+apollo

Either way, the Fusion Apollo stuff is really sharp, has high res color screens, and seems to be way more reliable than the early generation models. Good luck.

And their round wireless remote is slick and easy to install though to your point does not include power switch.

Screenshots below of the install templates, not to scale but larger to show dimensions.

Head unit template

Remote template

Leave a comment:

• MLA
    replied
    I did not see a round remote on display in Fusion's booth last month at IBEX. Their reps where busy talking to other guests. I waited a few minutes and went on, did not circuit back.

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    started a topic Fusion - round remote?

Fusion - round remote?

Anybody know if there may be a round remote in Fusion's not to distant future, or any new products on the horizon?

They used to offer the MS-WR600C, which looked pretty cool, but it's long gone and it wouldn't have been compatible with the newer source units.

Looking at the RA670 and RA770 units, but I don't have a good spot for either of the two compatible remotes. The small battery operated wireless remotes could work I guess, but no display and I suspect you can't connect two at the same time (helm and transom).

Looking to upgrade an older Clarion M475 with (2) wired remotes. Looked at the M508 and that's an option with the adapter cable, but interested in the WiFi and Airplay functionality of the Fusion.

Guess I'll take another look at JL's Mediamaster line, but I've been reading mixed reviews.

/edit I stand corrected, looks like you CAN pair more than one of the wireless remotes, but I also learned there's no power (on/off) functionality.
    Last edited by brucemac; 11-02-2021, 07:56 PM.
Working...
X