XStar Ballast Bag Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XStar Ballast Bag Upgrade

We are considering upgrading the overflow bags on our 2019 Xstar to the +900 pound bags from wakemakers. I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has upgraded to these larger bags and to see what the the outcome was. Did you have to add weight in the bow or helm area? Did you need to install the divider panel support rails from wakemakers? What times did you use to set the new ballast fill and empty to on the profile? Did you need to adjust the tab settings for mellow and steep waves to get the best wave dialed in? Anything else we should be considering if we upgrade? Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by SmithX30; 05-05-2022, 11:04 PM.
    2019 Xstar
    2002 X30 ~ sold

Some folks have done it here: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/for...14#post2216514

Although it sounds like with this generation XStar, you really need to compensate with weight up front as well. Or, better yet, focus on on adding weight in the center so you don't have to offset rear weight up front.

FourFourty posted about a "pro ballast" configuration that was pretty straightforward with the earlier XStars that I will be putting in soon. Not sure what you are really going for...

Comment

Thanks for the info to the other thread. We primarily surf and my son likes to compare how the wave is with a large crew on board to that when we are light people in the boat. Not to mention we have some on board that want to ride in the bow while surfing, and he tries to get them to shift to the rear to increase the weight in the back and increase the steepness of the wake. Thanks again.
      2019 Xstar
      2002 X30 ~ sold

Comment

Working...
      X