No announcement yet.

Ballast System Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the three holes drilled, the fittings glued in and all three ball valves installed.
    Attached Files
    OH-IO!

Comment

That's all for this weekend. Next weekend I should be able to finish the hoses and drill and install the vent fittings.
      OH-IO!

Comment

Looking good!!!

The only suggestion I'd make is: when working on boat, drink more beer!! It's almost like being out on the water!
        -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
          Looking good!!!

The only suggestion I'd make is: when working on boat, drink more beer!! It's almost like being out on the water!
          I made sure to keep the beer drinking until after the drilling was done...

Comment

I look forward to a beer or six every time I get done working on this project.

I wasn't sure if I would start this thread, but I has been kind of fun and maybe it will help someone else in the future and I guess we need something to read in the winter.
            OH-IO!

Comment

Very good choice on using the brass valve vs what mc puts on the new boats, plastic. You have more patients than I!
              -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
              https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
              2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

I am impressed you are drilling the holes, not sure I could do it

Comment

Originally posted by uplander View Post
                  I am impressed you are drilling the holes, not sure I could do it
                  Actually it was one of the easiest parts, I used the "magnet method", a magnet on the inside and on the outside, it takes the guess work out. My daughter was a lot of help while positioning the magnets.

We had the three holes done in less than an hour.
                  OH-IO!

Comment

Worked on it for a few hours today. First I wanted to test the pumps to make sure they were not wired backwards.
                    Everything worked well:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Footin; 03-01-2014, 09:12 PM.
                    OH-IO!

Comment

Then I finished plumbing the thru hulls to the pumps:
                      Attached Files
                      OH-IO!

Comment

And the two rear pumps:
                        Attached Files
                        OH-IO!

Comment

Bag fits well, I used a shop vac to inflate it to measure for the fill fitting locations.
                          Attached Files
                          OH-IO!

Comment

Now for my mistake, I cut the bottom of the rear panel to allow the hose to go under it to the rear of the sac. Needless to say I cut to opening to wide. I don't like how this turned out.

I am going to install a 90 degree fitting after the pump so I can go straight into the sac (I will have to drill a 1 1/2 hole next to the mistake for the hose to pass thru) this is a hard place to work as the hose is not staying at the angles I need it too. I might have to sleep on this one before I start drilling and cutting again. Luckily the sac will cover the mistake.

It will be a large ventilation hole I guess????
                            Attached Files
                            OH-IO!

Comment

You will want the extra room for the hose, I found that once the bag is full it is putting a massive amount of force against the hose and fitting. I tried to route my hose up the side and then down to the bag. I actually cut an angle on the back panel to the get the hose higher. After I changed the angle of the hose my fill and empty time decreased.

Comment

Good point, maybe I should leave it like it is in the picture and use a 90 into the bag?
                                OH-IO!

Comment

Working...
                                X