X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for the X2 model?
    OH-IO!

Comment

• Has anyone attempted one of these shapers like Nautique has? This looks like the bomb to be. These waves are sick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6usVCaSxU2A

Comment

• Spent some time surfing my 205v this week. I had been successfully surfing port side with 400 port locker, and 700 in the middle (300-350 in ski locker, and 400 fat sac on top)

This week I tried the following configurations (here's my observations):

1st - NO GATE - Port side 750 (not completely full because my wife is impatient and could care less about my little experiment) and 300-350 in ski locker.

Result: Good setup - enough push to Surf without rope farther back then what I had been surfing with (400 in port locker versus this weeks 750)

2nd - GATE Installed - Port side 750 (almost full - impatient wife) and ski locker 300-350 full.

Result: OKAY setup - enough push to surf rope less but less push than without it installed.

3rd - GATE Installed - 750 port, 400 starboard, 300-350 ski locker

RESULT: GREAT SETUP!! - I was really surprised at how far back I could surf - double the distance of my normal 400 in port and 750 in the center.

The wave was not as tall but the pocket was bigger/longer and for my taste far more enjoyable.

4th - I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS YET (because my wife truly is impatient and could care less) - she literally said NO WAY there is not enough room bla bla bla... but this I am very curious to see how this will surf:

750 in port, 400 on top of 300-350 ski locker and 400 in starboard.

or

possibly the same config as above but with more weight on the port seats.

Unfortunately you will have to take my word for it - the only video I have is of me surfing in situation #1 with NO GATE installed. (i'll add that vid shortly.. as long as you all promise to not make fun of my sun tan lotion free garb (*shirt and ugly hat)

Comment

• Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
          Has anyone attempted one of these shapers like Nautique has? This looks like the bomb to be. These waves are sick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6usVCaSxU2A
          I was on a G23 earlier in the week and the wave was a bit disappointing...Although it was a nice size and had lots of push it wasn't clean. There seemed to be two little waves within the wake and a lot of wash.
          - Andrew

2015 MasterCraft X-20 (current)
          2009 MasterCraft X-2 (sold)

Comment

• This thread title should follow like wake world. "Ghetto gate" lol
            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• promised video....

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...26&oe=53DCBD7D

Edited broken link to video...
              Last edited by VP46; 08-02-2014, 04:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VP46 View Post
                promised video....

Looks like a broken link - I'm very curious to see what you can do with your boat as I have the same hull.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                  Looks like a broken link - I'm very curious to see what you can do with your boat as I have the same hull.
                  Link fixed (I think):

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...26&oe=53DCBD7D

Keep in mind this is a video my 13yo begrudgingly took while sitting in the observers seat.... this is just 750 in the port locker and 350 in the ski locker - no gate attached.

The Gate attached does in fact allow you to move further back on the wave than with out it.

I guarantee you it improves the size of the pocket when weight is added to both lockers. That was my take on it at least.

BTW bumped into my boat's redheaded sister..... anyone know how many reverse gel '02s are out there? This is the first one I have seen in person outside of mine.

Last edited by VP46; 08-02-2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
                    This thread title should follow like wake world. "Ghetto gate" lol
                    Why would I change the thread to "Ghetto Gate"?... the "Wake-Shaper is legit. In all honesty I would never try surfing without it again. Cleans up the wave beautifully and definitely has more push. Maybe you should get one and try it out.

Comment

• Explain what isnt ghetto about these. Lol
                      Last edited by MC25; 08-02-2014, 04:14 AM.
                      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:
                      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• For the transom saver. Hydroturf.com/ You can buy it in sheets and has a good color selection. I used Hydro-Turf, PWC + Boating 40"x 62" Flat, Part Number: SHT40F; (PSA) = Pressure Sensitive Adhesives.

Easy to cut and apply. Put it up forward in front of the windshield, and along the sides, for no slip protection.

Comment

Explain what isnt ghetto about these. Lol
                          The trolling is hard with this one.

Comment

Explain what isnt ghetto about these. Lol
                            I think that this is far from ghetto. At least the ones that I have developed (Wake-Shaper) are fabricated from 3/4" sheets of quality High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) with stainless steel / aluminum hardware .... definitely not cutting boards and duct tape. Get on board and try one out for yourself. Look how this thread has sparked so much creativity and discussion in the forums. Go thread crap somewhere else.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I'm stoked guys are getting out there and trying to figure stuff out that the company isn't doing for us. Necessity is the mother of invention and you can't dispute this one at all. Great job to ssnaples, and Aric, shame on you! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jackpita View Post
                                For the transom saver. Hydroturf.com/ You can buy it in sheets and has a good color selection. I used Hydro-Turf, PWC + Boating 40"x 62" Flat, Part Number: SHT40F; (PSA) = Pressure Sensitive Adhesives.

Easy to cut and apply. Put it up forward in front of the windshield, and along the sides, for no slip protection.
                                THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X