X2 Surf and Ski Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X2 Surf and Ski Setup

Hi All. Just purchased my first Mastercraft being a 2014 X2 with pro pack which includes the gen 2 surf system and centre plate. It has the 3 stock under floor ballast tanks. Just wondering if anyone has nailed a setup for surfing natural and goofy and also a setting for slalom skiing (I generally ski at 15 off 34mph). Any starting advice would be greatly appreciated.

Center plate down 70% for skiing. I replaced the stock rear bags with larger ones for surfing and wakeboarding. I haven't messed much with the factory surf settings. More weight in the front hurts surf performance, unless you counter it with weight in the rear.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info. I purchased mine second hand and the factory presets have been messed with so just wondering what the factory settings are? Do u put any ballast in the front when skiing?

Comment

These are the factory settings. I haven't tried adding any weight to the front when skiing.

Comment

Awesome thanks. I'll give it a run tomorrow and see how we go.

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post
            Center plate down 70% for skiing. I replaced the stock rear bags with larger ones for surfing and wakeboarding. I haven't messed much with the factory surf settings. More weight in the front hurts surf performance, unless you counter it with weight in the rear.

What did you replace the rear piggy back bags with? I would like to get some additional weight back there but not sure what would fit.
            2018 Mastercraft X-23
            2015 Mastercraft X-2 (sold)
            On Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Comment

Originally posted by Rubyredflake View Post
              What did you replace the rear piggy back bags with? I would like to get some additional weight back there but not sure what would fit.
              do you have any additional ballast in the back besides the factory. wakemakers makes a bag to fit the x2 (400 lbs per side) but you can get more in there like the xstar 700lbs.

Comment

I have the gen2 piggyback sacs that I believe are 400 lbs. It would be great if I could upgrade those to something larger but wasn't sure what would fit (and be safe for the hard tanks).
                2018 Mastercraft X-23
                2015 Mastercraft X-2 (sold)
                On Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Comment

I replaced mine with my previous non-gen 2 boat bags. I think they are around 450 pounds. There is probably a little more space in the compartment for a larger bag yet. I can fit a life jacket or two on top of mine and still close the top.

Comment

Found that the factory settings worked pretty well with only a few people in the boat. My x2 only has underfloor ballast with no bags in rear lockers. I found it interesting that it states pins for the surf tabs should be in the aft hole? Mine is in the front. Does it make much difference.

Comment

I have an 2010 X2 with the Gen 1 tabs, 450 bags in the rear and a Mission Delta wake shaper. For regular riders we just use the shaper and no tabs at all (I'm sure Gen2 makes a difference) and goofy riders use the shaper and port tab 75% down. All tanks/bags are full for both. Does anyone have any experience with adding the bow ballast bag from flyhigh? In theory, it would lengthen the wave quite a bit.

Link:
                      http://www.the-house.com/wk7mcx2ibs9...uB8aAkus8P8HAQ
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pnracing51 View Post
                        Found that the factory settings worked pretty well with only a few people in the boat. My x2 only has underfloor ballast with no bags in rear lockers. I found it interesting that it states pins for the surf tabs should be in the aft hole? Mine is in the front. Does it make much difference.
                        I'm a little confused..... if your 2014 does not have the rear locker bags then it sounds likely your boat has Gen 1 surf tabs and not the larger Gen 2 surf tabs. If so I'm not sure what setting is correct for the Gen 1 surf tab pins but follow the instructions from MC.

On the Gen 2 tabs if the pins are in the wrong holes the surf side tab does not retract up enough to get out of the water flow and will mess up the surf wave.
                        XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
                        SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
                        SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
                        SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

I was lead to believe the surf system is gen 2 but definitely no bags. It was purchased new with the "pro pack" . Is there any photos of the gen1 tabs compared to the gen 2 tabs specifically on the 2014 x2?

Comment

The ProPackage was created before the Gen 2 system and typically consists of the larger touch screen, tracking fins, ZFT4 tower and removeable ski pylon. It doesn't really have anything to do with the Gen1 or Gen2 surf systems.

"Surf Tabs" (also known as Gen 1) are quite basic, small and don't really do much honestly. They could have been ordered without the center "attitude adjustment" plate as seen in the photos below. I believe the center tab should have come with your "Pro Package"

With these little tabs you typically list the boat toward the surfer by filling the center tank and the surf side tank to get a rideable wave

Gen 1 tabs. .....
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by SS LS1; 06-04-2017, 12:55 AM.
                            XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
                            SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
                            SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
                            SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

Ahhh... mine was ordered late 2013 but is a 2014 model... which lead me to believe it was gen 2. A bit more research seems the gen 2 wasn't released until mid 2014 so maybe it is gen 1. Might have to upgrade which may be difficult in Australia seeing as the closest dealer is 1600klm away. Does anyone know if u can get an upgrade kit and diy install? I suppose this makes all of the above settings null and void as well. It has the centre attitude adjustment plate.

Comment

Working...
                              X