05 X-2 Surf Wake Problems - NO PUSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 X-2 Surf Wake Problems - NO PUSH

I am at my wits end trying to get my 05 X-2 surf wake to give me some push.

Current setup:

- 750lbs Fly High Sacs (One in each rear locker)
    - Stock KGB bag
    - Wake Shaper
    - Speed 9-11.5 (and everything in between)
    - Water depth is around 4 to 5 feet (no option on this)
    - Boards: Inland Surfer Blue Lake and Liquid Force Happy Pill
    - 4 to 5 people (moved them all over the boat to try to get a good wave)
    - I am 220 lbs

I've tried all ballast full and the boat drives like a dump truck popping a wheelie. Hard to see in front, hard to control and the speedo seems to have trouble keeping speed. I've tried port side full with no KGB weight and with KGB weight - I'm getting no push at all. Funny thing is I removed all the weight and my buddy rode with his daughter and I could swear the wake looked about the same as it did with all the weight in the boat. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help in advance

Water depth is going to be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyskiguy View Post
      Water depth is going to be a problem.
      Man that's rough, but I have to agree with Skyskiguy, water depth is probably your biggest enemy here.

The KGB is the center tank right? The one thing you might try is weight in the front. Almost every boat can benefit from weight up front.
      http://www.jackpinewakesurf.com

Comment

Water depth is certainly a killer in this scenario, and I can't get any push under 12 feet on either of my last two boats.

Comment

Yeah you’ll have next to no luck in that shallow of water.
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

I have the same boat as yours and almost the same setup -- I also have the bow sac and a wakeplate.
            Even without the wakeplate down though we can surf endlessly on the port side and are working on 360's. (Starboard is possible with more listing to that side.) We use a CWB Ride and a Ronix Koal Powertail.

And yes, anything under 10' depth kills the wake.
            2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
            (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

As others said, water depth is a issue. Our lake is 6-9 ft, and push completely disappears when we hit a 6-7ft spot.

Comment

Well thats some terrible news. My buddy has a Tige 22ve that throws a usable wakesurfing wake on the lake, it probably has something to do with its size (width and length) and hull design. Sounds like I may need to look for another boat.

Comment

Originally posted by MexTex View Post
                  Well thats some terrible news. My buddy has a Tige 22ve that throws a usable wakesurfing wake on the lake, it probably has something to do with its size (width and length) and hull design. Sounds like I may need to look for another boat.
                  Im sure the size and length of the boat helps, but no matter what you do, the surf wake will always be subpar.

The early year tige hulls surfed really well, but I don't see how yall are adding a lot of weight and not hitting the bottom of the lake. All the new wake shaping devices will be affected by depth. With my X23, anything below 12ft deep makes the wave suffer dramatically.

Comment

How much is a stock KGB on an X2? It wouldn’t hurt to try more bow weight. As in, a lot more. Maybe if you can borrow another 750 sack from someone and try that in the bow.

Comment

Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
                      How much is a stock KGB on an X2?
                      I read somewhere 375 lbs.
                      2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
                      (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

I agree with the others on depth. I have the same hull and anything under 10 really loses the push. My home lake I surf in a spot that is 20-50ft. When I go with friends on their lake I can see the difference in loss of push they average 8-12ft. Still surfable but when if your driver isn’t paying attention and takes you below 6ft its pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same hull as well, and for sure once you get less than 12ft there's really nothing you can do about it

Comment

empty the KGB when in shallow water, your speed should be ~10mph then when at speed start adding water to KGB to clean up surf wake

Comment

We have a lake that is shallow. 85% of it is 4-6 feet deep. One stretch is 7-11 feet. We can surf the biggest and smallest waves on all different boats on the one deep stretch. On every single boat, every single wave, every single speed, we can't keep up with the wave shallower than the 7 foot range. You need a super fast surf board with no drag, a rider that has all their weight on the front foot, and work your *** off to surf a wave in water that shallow. It's not all that enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                              X