Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psgwake
    replied
    About the only other option is try no weighting and use your suck gate. Like everyone else, if I'm behind my boat and the driver gets in some shallow water, the wave instantly goes away.

Leave a comment:

• surfer87
    replied
    Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
    How much is a stock KGB on an X2? It wouldn’t hurt to try more bow weight. As in, a lot more. Maybe if you can borrow another 750 sack from someone and try that in the bow.
    I was told the same about the bow sack for my x30.

Leave a comment:

• gwozhog
    replied
    I run 3500 pounds in my x2 in 10 ft of water for a nice wave. When the water level drops below 7ft I drop too.

Leave a comment:

• MTH7
    replied
    We have a lake that is shallow. 85% of it is 4-6 feet deep. One stretch is 7-11 feet. We can surf the biggest and smallest waves on all different boats on the one deep stretch. On every single boat, every single wave, every single speed, we can't keep up with the wave shallower than the 7 foot range. You need a super fast surf board with no drag, a rider that has all their weight on the front foot, and work your *** off to surf a wave in water that shallow. It's not all that enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• snork
    replied
    empty the KGB when in shallow water, your speed should be ~10mph then when at speed start adding water to KGB to clean up surf wake

Leave a comment:

• MI_Corey
    replied
    I have the same hull as well, and for sure once you get less than 12ft there's really nothing you can do about it

Leave a comment:

• AKralk83
    replied
    I agree with the others on depth. I have the same hull and anything under 10 really loses the push. My home lake I surf in a spot that is 20-50ft. When I go with friends on their lake I can see the difference in loss of push they average 8-12ft. Still surfable but when if your driver isn’t paying attention and takes you below 6ft its pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• wheelerd
    replied
    Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
    How much is a stock KGB on an X2?
    I read somewhere 375 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• dvsone79
    replied
    How much is a stock KGB on an X2? It wouldn’t hurt to try more bow weight. As in, a lot more. Maybe if you can borrow another 750 sack from someone and try that in the bow.

Leave a comment:

• Mastercraftdave
    replied
    Originally posted by MexTex View Post
    Well thats some terrible news. My buddy has a Tige 22ve that throws a usable wakesurfing wake on the lake, it probably has something to do with its size (width and length) and hull design. Sounds like I may need to look for another boat.
    Im sure the size and length of the boat helps, but no matter what you do, the surf wake will always be subpar.

The early year tige hulls surfed really well, but I don't see how yall are adding a lot of weight and not hitting the bottom of the lake. All the new wake shaping devices will be affected by depth. With my X23, anything below 12ft deep makes the wave suffer dramatically.

Leave a comment:

• MexTex
    replied
    Well thats some terrible news. My buddy has a Tige 22ve that throws a usable wakesurfing wake on the lake, it probably has something to do with its size (width and length) and hull design. Sounds like I may need to look for another boat.

Leave a comment:

• osmonet
    replied
    As others said, water depth is a issue. Our lake is 6-9 ft, and push completely disappears when we hit a 6-7ft spot.

Leave a comment:

• wheelerd
    replied
    I have the same boat as yours and almost the same setup -- I also have the bow sac and a wakeplate.
    Even without the wakeplate down though we can surf endlessly on the port side and are working on 360's. (Starboard is possible with more listing to that side.) We use a CWB Ride and a Ronix Koal Powertail.

And yes, anything under 10' depth kills the wake.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Yeah you’ll have next to no luck in that shallow of water.

Leave a comment:

• FoggyNogginz
    replied
    Water depth is certainly a killer in this scenario, and I can't get any push under 12 feet on either of my last two boats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X