2012 X2 Ballast Pumps dont turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 X2 Ballast Pumps dont turn on

Had the boat in for some non related service this spring and when I winterized the boat, I had no issues with the ballast pumps and have never had any issues in my 5 years of ownership. Boat sat in a garage never below 50 degrees but also with antifreeze in all the pumps as I do each winter.

It went into the dealer for service this spring on some non related items and I went to use the ballast for the first time yesterday with some friends and it triggers in the GDIG, ie moves to the proper screen and starts to flash but never triggers the pumps. I hear no relay click and none of the 3 pumps start, so I have to imagine something just got disconnected or something. I checked all the connections to each pump and those look ok. Same issue with all 3 pumps.

I don't see any fuses for it in the fuse box in front of the driver console but have read there is a relay panel for them somewhere but have been unable to find it. I'll also be calling the dealer this am to ask them what may have happened in service or where I should check.

My hope/expectation is its something very simple that just got moved or something accidentally in service.

Thanks!

Your ballast is powered by the controller. There are no fuses or relays. Have you verified that the manual override switches aren't sitting on fill or empty? Have you tried using the manual switches to see if they kick the pumps on?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't use the automatic fills via profile, all I use is the fill/empty switches on the right of the driver, are there others?

Comment

I had the same issue last year. After days of trouble shooting and trying to go around the controller, it turned out I needed to replace the controller. Expensive part, but it fixed the problem on my 2010 X-55. Good luck.

Comment

There should be a 3 amp breaker that controls the power to those switches. I don't remember if it's under the dash or in front. You can pull your switch bank up and check to see if you're getting power there. The purple wire is coming from the 3 amp breaker. Black is ground at the switch. Orange or orange with another color is what is going to the controller. Open circuit is do nothing for the controller. 12 v to the orange wire or grounding the orange wire ia what tells it to fill or empty. If it won't do either, then the 3 amp breaker probably isn't the issue. Is your screen/ speedometer working?

Comment

Originally posted by x-55project View Post
            I had the same issue last year. After days of trouble shooting and trying to go around the controller, it turned out I needed to replace the controller. Expensive part, but it fixed the problem on my 2010 X-55. Good luck.
            2012 is a completely different system.

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post
              There should be a 3 amp breaker that controls the power to those switches. I don't remember if it's under the dash or in front. You can pull your switch bank up and check to see if you're getting power there. The purple wire is coming from the 3 amp breaker. Black is ground at the switch. Orange or orange with another color is what is going to the controller. Open circuit is do nothing for the controller. 12 v to the orange wire or grounding the orange wire ia what tells it to fill or empty. If it won't do either, then the 3 amp breaker probably isn't the issue. Is your screen/ speedometer working?

Yes, everything else is working fine / same as prior years. Thats why I was taken a bit back when this didnt work yesterday. Speedo, Zero off, GDIG, BIG etc.

Comment

So I got it fixed. I knew it had to be something simple as as the GDIG was sending a signal but none of the pumps were turning on. Well after giving up last night tracing all of the wires and checking the boat while comparing it to the wiring diagrams I have, no where did it show that there was a breaker panel in the mix. Now a breaker panel only makes sense for safety etc and I couldn't figure out why there would not be one. Well tucked up under the dash, there it is, i had been under the dash but had laid underneath to look up at all the connections, you had to be down on your knees looking exactly forward at the right angle because it was tucked in the back.

Lesson learned, I knew it had to be something stupid based on the symptoms. Why mastercraft has breakers and fuses in so many different places is beyond me and I'm also a bit confused why it wasn't in their diagram.

I got lucky just seeing it as I put the dash back together.

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post

Just like I said - breaker either up front or under the dash...

Comment

Working...
                  X