New X23 Owner - Rear Ballast Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New X23 Owner - Rear Ballast Question

I'm loving our 2016 X23 so far, but have a quick question and after searching everywhere I can't seem to find a thread that covers it.

Does anyone know how heavy the stock rear ballast bags in the X23 are? They seem really small and I'm considering removing them so I can utilize the compartments for storage. I did find a similar thread, but before removing, I'd love to know how much ballast I'd be losing by removing the bags.

My second question would be, if i decide to remove the rear bags, all I'd have to do is connect piggyback supply to the thru-hull in the side of the boat? This supply hose would essentially become the vent hose. Is that correct?

Thanks all!

If I remember correctly the rear bags weigh 300 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by EarlyriserX9 View Post
      I'm loving our 2016 X23 so far, but have a quick question and after searching everywhere I can't seem to find a thread that covers it.

Does anyone know how heavy the stock rear ballast bags in the X23 are? They seem really small and I'm considering removing them so I can utilize the compartments for storage. I did find a similar thread, but before removing, I'd love to know how much ballast I'd be losing by removing the bags.

My second question would be, if i decide to remove the rear bags, all I'd have to do is connect piggyback supply to the thru-hull in the side of the boat? This supply hose would essentially become the vent hose. Is that correct?

Thanks all!
      Yes if you remove them you would want to take that hose that comes from the floor ballast and run it to the outside for vent. If not and you run it over it will fill your locker with water.
      2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
      Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Comment

Working...
      X