No Guages, 2003 X10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Guages, 2003 X10

I've searched and searched this site which has given me some good ideas but I'm stuck.

The problem is intermittent, either all my guages work or nothing except perfect pass and depth finder so i assumed it was the mmdc and could be. When I turn the switch, nothing no flicker or any signs of life, hopefully that's a clue to one of the gurus here. This makes me think that I'm not getting power to the guages.

I pulled the guages from the dash and disconnected each one individually but nothing.

I only tested the tach for voltage and got 6v but probably didnt have the best connection to my tester. I know this is a stupid question but it should be 12v, right? I ran out of time before I had a chance to test more. Where is the best place to place my probes when testing at the guages? Is there a diagram for the mmdc that tells me which pin is what for testing there?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

These MMDC gauges use a signal system. You won’t get a testable signal.

Replace the gauges with analog gauges and ditch the MMDC. Refer to the gauges replacement threads on here for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
      These MMDC gauges use a signal system. You won’t get a testable signal.

Replace the gauges with analog gauges and ditch the MMDC. Refer to the gauges replacement threads on here for more info.
      That's what I assumed but was hoping for an easier route. Appreciate you telling me about the signal I was driving myself a bit crazy with that today.

Shopping for analog guage sets now. Any recommendations?

Comment

The gauges get their power from the MMDC. It's likely that a solder joint failed on the MMDC, which is why you're only getting partial voltage.

Faria Chesapeake gauges are the most economical option. Keep in mind that you will need to replace your fuel sender as well.

Comment

+1 on Faria gauges. I went with the Newport SS line. They have a bunch of styles.

Start here:
          https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/for...t-how-to/page7

Comment

Thanks again for the guidance everyone.

Comment

Before you go the replacement route...I had similar issues. I found light black corrosion or mold on the terminals of the both inline fuses going into the MMCD. I cleaned them and my problems disappeared. I have had a few gauges fail since then but no MMDC issues

Comment

Originally posted by tommurtha View Post
                Before you go the replacement route...I had similar issues. I found light black corrosion or mold on the terminals of the both inline fuses going into the MMCD. I cleaned them and my problems disappeared. I have had a few gauges fail since then but no MMDC issues
                Thank you! This was it. I swear I checked those fuses several times but somehow didn't notice the black corrosion. Naturally I caught this after completely dismantling the mmdc box and ordering new guages. That said, I was able to get the mmdc box back together, with the help of some silicon, and all guages are up and running.

I can't believe I missed that. Thanks again!

Comment

you are welcome...I suspect some of those gauges will coming in handy in the future. I have a brand new MMDC just in case mine fails.. At my age I REALLY don't want to do a swap especially my electrical knowledge minimal

Comment

Working...
                  X