Mastercraft X star cranks but won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercraft X star cranks but won't start

My 2004 Mastercraft X star Indmar engine won't start, it cranks but doesn't start, I noticed the red light and alarm do not sound when I turn the ignition switch to on and I checked and there is no voltage at the kill switch. there is voltage at the ignition white button circuit breaker under the front seat.
    The boat ran and started all day Sunday till it was time to go home and then it would not start
    Any ideas?

verify pressure with a fuel guage. should hold 60 psI when you key on and hold. if not google fuel pump 101 thread and enjoy the read.

Comment

Thanks I am going to bring a pressure guage and do that tomorrow, I am also going to try starter fluid as an idea from a previous thread..John

Comment

Gwozhog, I went to the boat and verified I have zero pressure at the fuel injector rail...the fuel pump does not seem to be working, the only odd thing is my check engine light and alarm no longer sound when I turn the key on, it did last week when the boar ran.
        Do you think it is the fuel pump or could something be stopping the voltage from getting to the pump.
        I did check the 3 15amp fuses near the ECM and they were fine..
        I shot a little starter fluid in the intake and the engine did try to start... I don't think I got enough in it to run but it definitely sounded like it was trying for the first time.

Any help is appreciated, I am fine replacing the fuel pump if that sounds like the problem. any idea where to get one?
        John

Comment

So I have read through fuel pump 101 and am ready to buy and replace the fuel pump, anyone have any idea why the check engine light and alarm don't turn on when I turn the ignition key to on? It makes me suspicious I have an electrical problem and hate to spend the money on a fuel pump if that is the case. Also it looks like the fuel pump assembly is sold out so I will have to go with the Napa solution and replace the motor. Do I have to cut the metal clamp off the orange fuel line hose on top of the tank in addition to using the fuel line release tool?
          John

Comment

Originally posted by jmmcalpin View Post
            Do I have to cut the metal clamp off the orange fuel line hose on top of the tank in addition to using the fuel line release tool?
            John
            No, you can pull the orange cover back towards the metal clamp; there should be room at this point to use the "release" tool...see attch pic
            Attached Files
            2005 ProStar 197TT, #31/100; Tournament PB 1.5 @ 38 off, June 2012

Comment

Perfect , I have used the tool before but could not see it under the orange.. Thank you

Comment

Does anyone know where the fuel pump relay is ? I am assuming the fuse is one of the 3 15 am fuses next to the ECM and they are good, just want to check the relay before buying a new fuel pump. It looks like fuel pump assemblies are on back order so I will get the motor from Napa based on fuel pump101. Any other thoughts?

Comment

I bought the Delphi FE0154 from Napa, they cross referenced it to the part number mentioned in the fuel pump 101 story, it comes with clamps and a black rubber hose so I think I have everything, anyone with experience with this? I am going to the boat Saturday and try to replace it. First I am going to check the wiring connectors one more time and see if I can find the fuel pump relay but then do the replacement. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                  X