obd diagnostics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obd diagnostics

hi, does anyone know if a car type code reader for the engine electronics will work on a mastercraft x2 year2004 with a 350mcx engine?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no
    Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

'91 prostar 190

Comment

This has come up before and IIRC that requires a Marine-specific code reader. Rinda has them - don't know what it costs.

http://www.rinda.com/marine/marine.htm

'04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

600 for RINDA

you can read codes with a test light and paper clip

Comment

how do you read the codes with a test light +paper clip? sounds interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by JUST-IN-TIME View Post
            600 for RINDA

you can read codes with a test light and paper clip
            Read this post from Engine Nut first. He works for Indmar.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...3&postcount=14
            '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

you can do

i have done it

matters what year

Comment

So I have a 2004 x-star with the mcx 350 and have a check engine light on . how would I retrive the codes with no scan tool?
                PM Me if you would like
                Thanks

Comment

I have been workin on an 04 x-star, the diagnostic scanner shows no codes, the engine seems to run fine, but the engine light/alarm is on and the boat seems to be in limp mode. I was told by a local mechanic that a transmission sensor could be causing the boat to limp. The oil in the tranny was pretty milky...I have flushed it 3 times attempting to remove the moisture. Any ideas or thoughts on the water in tranny causing light/ alrm/ limp mode? thx,

Comment

Originally posted by LDNCLR View Post
                    I have been workin on an 04 x-star, the diagnostic scanner shows no codes, the engine seems to run fine, but the engine light/alarm is on and the boat seems to be in limp mode. I was told by a local mechanic that a transmission sensor could be causing the boat to limp. The oil in the tranny was pretty milky...I have flushed it 3 times attempting to remove the moisture. Any ideas or thoughts on the water in tranny causing light/ alrm/ limp mode? thx,
                    I was under the impression that if it was the transmission, in addition to the "check engine" light, would flash "TRAN" on the MFD. I thought that was a temp alarm.

Milky fluid in the transmission usually means water in the transmission, and the usual source of such water is a failed transmission cooler. If there is no ATF in the bilge (which might indicate a bad seal) then I'd replace the transmission cooler (SkiDIM)
                    '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Working...
                    X