Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prostar 190 Illuminated Switches

Hello All,

I hate to ask this 'cause it should be so intuitive but I am afraid to break something. I need to replace all 6 of my dash switch bulbs on a 1989 PS 190. They are small and almost look like LEDs but it seems too early in history. Has anyone removed and replaced these? Where would you find something this old or a replacement technology?

Thanks for any help

Download a copy of the owners manual for your model. The manual states what instrument bulb number you need. Look under knowledge center tab. I don't think switch bulbs are serviceable separately.
    Last edited by Spork; 05-03-2016, 12:34 PM.
    /spĂ´rk/
    a spoon-shaped eating utensil with short tines at the tip

Comment

Thank you for the reply, Spork.

I took your advice but no-such info in the manual. I finally removed the switch from the console and it came apart into 8 pieces. It appears the switch has to be replaced to replace the bulb. I was hoping someone else had been to this point already and found a direct replacement switch. It's a Carling Switch built in Mexico in 1989. The switch still works but the bulb is riveted in. I will either find something or go without illumination.

Thanks again.

Comment

I replaced mine with these http://www.ebay.com/itm/261770428394...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Matches the blue LED curtousy lights and the blue interior
        Originally posted by ramzak
        ..... Its not the early 90's anymore! NOBODY Skis anymore!
        ...I ski

Comment

I rep[aced all my switches with new ones from Overtons . Pretty easy projest

Comment

Can't go wrong with either of those.... the ebay are low cost enough to try and the Overton's look like a good match. Thanks for lead guys.

Any idea where I could get the connections to the accessory switch (4 pin)? I can find that anywhere either.

Thanks again

Comment

Walmart, any hardware store.. you are talking about the pieces you splice onto the wire right?
              Originally posted by ramzak
              ..... Its not the early 90's anymore! NOBODY Skis anymore!
              ...I ski

Comment

They still sell this switch if you would like to replace the entire switch. I replaced one last year and it's a perfect match. I think it's this one:

https://shop.hamiltonmarine.com/prod...FclkhgodxBgKSA

Comment

Nice research, Catamount. I like to keep it original when I can... don't know why but thanks a bunch.

Comment

Sorry, THIS is the direct replacement. Not sure if this is the same as the one I posted before, but this is the one I bought and it's a direct replacement.

http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Interna.../dp/B0000AXT64

Also, I just checked out my old one and the bulb is not serviceable. It looks like it's welded to the contact. So a new switch is your best bet.

Comment

Working...
                    X