Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the ECM the only way to know the true hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the ECM the only way to know the true hours?

Question! My friend has a 2007 X15 w/ the MCX. His ECM went bad and he replaced it with the same model ECM, but it was used and from another MCX with high hours. Now his boat says it has 500 more hours than it really does. Is there a way to see the hours that are on his boat, or does the ECM hold all engine hour information?..

the ecm holds the info or trust the hour meter.
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by prorider17 View Post
      Question! My friend has a 2007 X15 w/ the MCX. His ECM went bad and he replaced it with the same model ECM, but it was used and from another MCX with high hours. Now his boat says it has 500 more hours than it really does. Is there a way to see the hours that are on his boat, or does the ECM hold all engine hour information?..
      Is it from the same model of boat, with the same engine setup? If not, he needs to update the ECM so the correct program is running. I would be more concerned with that than the hours.

Why did he need to replace the ECM? The most common reason is from reversing the battery cables and turning the key to ON.

Comment

As Jim has suggested, even if it came from the same year and engine the ECM should probably be flashed with the latest CAL file for that year/engine.

Yes, the ECM is the how hours are tracked that are displayed at the gauge.
        -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Working...
        X