NXT22 Low Voltage Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT22 Low Voltage Alarm

If I fill all tanks and then play the radio when riding around my low voltage alarm begins to beep and the radio cuts off. The dash itself when then cutoff. I have to switch the battery to combine to drain the ballast. Why is my house battery not being charged by the alternator as I am running 850 RPM's when filling the tanks? Thanks everyone for any ideas.

Originally posted by Adwood24 View Post
    If I fill all tanks and then play the radio when riding around my low voltage alarm begins to beep and the radio cuts off. The dash itself when then cutoff. I have to switch the battery to combine to drain the ballast. Why is my house battery not being charged by the alternator as I am running 850 RPM's when filling the tanks? Thanks everyone for any ideas.

Mines new so have only filled it a couple times, but the manual says on page 271 In standard ballast systems the engine must be operated at 1500rpm or more during fill and empty .
    I assume this is because the pumps need the extra amps from the alternator spinning faster to keep from running the battery down. It also could be mean you have a weak battery .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2012 GT205
    2011 X25
    2019 NXT22
    2020 NXT20

Comment

Thank you. Had all batteries tested and they are strong. I’m getting a 14.4V read out on the dash but the alarm flies off and everything is not working. Should I be running combined batteries or just one. I thought I read it was just one.

Comment

Have you made sure all your battery connections are good and tight? I've seen where even a little bit of play can cause disruptions.

Comment

See my thread on my nxt 20 house battery not charging, I'm guessing yours might have been miswired like mine.

The VSR has a little red light on it, rev the engine to 1500 start filling the ballasts and see if the light comes on (probably should come on even before that). If not your VSR isn't working probably because it isn't grounded like mine was.

Comment

Working...
          X