Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Feul Sender 1993 Prostar.

Hi all,

Im located in Canada and need to replace the fuel sender on my boat.

Can someone give me a link to a Canadian supplier or the specs on the sender:

Ohms
    length etc

Thanks

Im looking at something like this:

https://www.amazon.ca/WEMA-USA-Water...85&sr=8-6&th=1
    Last edited by climbinggod; 03-01-2020, 11:38 PM. Reason: add link
    1992 Prostar 190, Indmar 351 HO, 1:1 Velvet Drive

That is correct.. 12" 33 to 240ohm.. i put the same sensor in my tank. You can most likely repair ur current one..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

based on my experience with our '94 prostar (i assume its the same sender...?) youll just need to jb weld the magnets back on the float.

super easy.

stick em back on there, run the float around a couple times and check that you get the resistance range mike mentione.

getting the tank in/out on the other hand, not so easy. most of the hassle was wrestling with the filler hose.

Comment

that old style never worked for me, even after putting the magnets back on. skidim has stainless rod sensors. Not sure if they ship to Canada

https://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1088

Comment

Originally posted by River Monsters View Post
          that old style never worked for me, even after putting the magnets back on. skidim has stainless rod sensors. Not sure if they ship to Canada

https://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1088
          Just replaced my '93 with ski dim version this off season. Haven't had a chance to test it yet
          - I'd rather be SWERVING!

Comment

I’ve fixed it once before so just want to replace it this time

Comment

Originally posted by climbinggod View Post
              I’ve fixed it once before so just want to replace it this time
              Manufacturer recommends 1" less length than the depth of the fuel cell. I have the 11" version (part # WEMSSL-11) from Discount Inboard Marine in a 93 Prostar. Works just fine. The newer units have a different TPI on the screws so you'll need the old screws to fit the threads for re-installation to the fuel cell.

You do not have to remove the fuel cell to replace the sensor unit. If you choose to remove the cell, order a new filler hose while you're at DIM and cut the old hose off to save a lot of headache. If you do not want to remove the cell, loosen the clamp(s) on one end of the filler hose, the hold-down clamps and screws, and rotate the fuel cell on the axis of the filler hose (still intact). Plenty of room to work and no need to remove the cell. Your call.

$0.02

93 190
              (safe click)

Comment

I hope 12” will work, that’s the one I ordered

Comment

You do not have to remove the fuel cell to replace the sensor unit. If you choose to remove the cell, order a new filler hose while you're at DIM and cut the old hose off to save a lot of headache. If you do not want to remove the cell, loosen the clamp(s) on one end of the filler hose, the hold-down clamps and screws, and rotate the fuel cell on the axis of the filler hose (still intact). Plenty of room to work and no need to remove the cell. Your call.
                  This is great advice from Waterlogged. I performed this same maintenance last fall after running the tank as low as I could. I only had to pull the port side of the tank forward about 12" to access the fuel sender.

Comment

Working...
                  X