X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osmonet
    replied
    Originally posted by MLA View Post

A fuse can blow, but they will never un-blow themselves. So if the unit works sometimes, its not the fuse. Have you tried a software update?
    MLA, thanks for the heads up. I have not tried a SW update. I'll put that on the list to check in the spring.

The fuse issue I noticed was a slightly loose socket. The fuse slides in and out a bit but I'm not sure if its enough to break contact.

Leave a comment:

• MLA
    replied
    Originally posted by osmonet View Post

I haven't pulled the trigger on a new unit yet. The head seems to work about 80% of the time. I've been using the times that it isn't working to continue troubleshooting with the hope that its a wiring issue or something. I might have narrowed it down to the inline fuse socket, but don't yet feel confident in that diagnosis. With the seemingly endless shortages happing everywhere, I may just pick up UD755 to have on the shelf for spring
    A fuse can blow, but they will never un-blow themselves. So if the unit works sometimes, its not the fuse. Have you tried a software update?

Leave a comment:

• jpwhit
    replied
    I replaced my 700i with a UD755. Yes, I cut off the old harness and soldered and heat shrinked the connections. It was fairly painless.

Leave a comment:

• osmonet
    replied
    Originally posted by moosehead View Post
    Oz, I had both circa 2015 Fusion 700i units go out. First replaced it with the UD755 and new helm remote, pretty easy. Second replaced it with the Apollo RA670 which was a bit more work but not bad.

The Apollo units are slick, small, and have great functionality. If I was more energetic would have relocated this HU to the helm as it was small enough. Still may do so.

RA670 install thread here in my X10: Fusion Apollo RA670 - TeamTalk (mastercraft.com)
    Moose, as always thanks for the helpful link and detailed writeup.

I'm leaning toward the UD755 as I'm content with the NRX200i remote functionality and the easier install is attractive. When you replaced the 700i with the UD755, I assume you needed to address the differences in the wiring harness. Did you just cut off the old harness, splice the new one on, and heat shrink?

All of the posts I've read had the IP700i failures as complete. In other words, once they stopped working they never started working again. That's what makes me feel uneasy about swapping needlessly, as mine seems to work more often than not. Boat is in storage till April, so I may need to continue to educate myself and delay this effort.

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    Oz, I had both circa 2015 Fusion 700i units go out. First replaced it with the UD755 and new helm remote, pretty easy. Second replaced it with the Apollo RA670 which was a bit more work but not bad.

The Apollo units are slick, small, and have great functionality. If I was more energetic would have relocated this HU to the helm as it was small enough. Still may do so.

RA670 install thread here in my X10: Fusion Apollo RA670 - TeamTalk (mastercraft.com)

Leave a comment:

• osmonet
    replied
    Originally posted by TassieMC View Post
    Interesting to read there have been a few failures. My head unit has died as well. Was a quiet week on the lake over Christmas
    I haven't pulled the trigger on a new unit yet. The head seems to work about 80% of the time. I've been using the times that it isn't working to continue troubleshooting with the hope that its a wiring issue or something. I might have narrowed it down to the inline fuse socket, but don't yet feel confident in that diagnosis. With the seemingly endless shortages happing everywhere, I may just pick up UD755 to have on the shelf for spring

Leave a comment:

• TassieMC
    replied
    Interesting to read there have been a few failures. My head unit has died as well. Was a quiet week on the lake over Christmas

Leave a comment:

• osmonet
    replied
    Originally posted by jpwhit View Post
    My 19 ProStar came with the UD755, and I liked it more than the ip700i so I took the ip700i out of my X-25 and installed a UD755. You do have to rewire the stereo connector, but other than that it's an exact drop in. That include support for any existing NRX200 or NRX300 NEMA 2k remotes.

Thanks for the clarification. Might have to dive in over winter. Unreliable tunes are demoralizing for the crew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• osmonet
    replied
    Originally posted by kvw4x4 View Post
    Do you have a transom stereo remote? Like the stereo control by the swim deck? I had issues with our 13 Xstar fusion stereo doing the same thing, our remote stereo control had water damage and was causing the problem. We disconnected it and the main head unit worked fine

I do have a remote on the swim deck. Thanks for the idea I’ll take a look

Leave a comment:

• kvw4x4
    replied
    Do you have a transom stereo remote? Like the stereo control by the swim deck? I had issues with our 13 Xstar fusion stereo doing the same thing, our remote stereo control had water damage and was causing the problem. We disconnected it and the main head unit worked fine

Leave a comment:

• jpwhit
    replied
    My 19 ProStar came with the UD755, and I liked it more than the ip700i so I took the ip700i out of my X-25 and installed a UD755. You do have to rewire the stereo connector, but other than that it's an exact drop in. That include support for any existing NRX200 or NRX300 NEMA 2k remotes.

Leave a comment:

• osmonet
    replied
    Originally posted by bloup101 View Post
    A lot of ip700i have died in the last 18 months, mine was replaced with a MS-UD755

Thanks for reply. Looks like UD755 would require wiring splices and some other install considerations. Was that your experience?

Leave a comment:

• bloup101
    replied
    A lot of ip700i have died in the last 18 months, mine was replaced with a MS-UD755

Leave a comment:

• osmonet
    started a topic Fusion Head Unit Not Working

Fusion Head Unit Not Working

Hello TT,

Need some stereo help. My fusion ms-ip700i is acting flaky.

On several occasions now it appears that the head unit in the glove box wont power on. On the remotes I get the "Stereo not assigned press source button to assign a stereo" Then on the next outing it seems to work, but the weird part is no matter how many resets and power cycles I do, doesn't seem to solve it, just magically works sometimes. I've read numerous threads and after checking power, they all lead to head replacement.

So my question is there a drop in replacement that doesn't involve splicing wires? I have 3-4 zones depending how you look at it (cockpit, bow, tower +Sub). All factory from 2015

Thanks
    -Oz
Working...
X