Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheeler
    replied
    You can boil some water, stick one end in the water for a while, lube up the 5/16" barb on the pump with some spit, or dishwashing soap or something...then slide the hose over it with some force.....It will go on without splitting.....

Leave a comment:

• wheeler
    replied
    Originally posted by bigmac View Post
    I talked to a not-very-informed phone answering person who told me that they (Delphi) no longer make 30R10 hose and have gone to all PTFE/FEP. I am not totally confident of her level of knowledge-ness.

I'd be inclined to buy some of the 5/16 and experiment by heating the stuff up over a 1/4 inch dowel and see what happens. It makes more sense to me that it would be 5/16 and shrunk to 1/4 rather than risk splitting the PTFE by trying to get 1/4 inch hose over a 5/16 inch barb. Heat-shrink PTFE tubing is pretty common in the electrical cabling biz.

How long is the tubing in the OEM module? I'm guessing we'd need the 14 inch long stuff?

/
    Based on the hoses that I have gathered up from used fuel pump units, I have a tendency to think they "enlarged" one end to fit over the 5/16" fuel pump fitting....

Leave a comment:

• wheeler
    replied
    Originally posted by 06' TT View Post
    Need some help guy's... I have an 06' 197 TT and the fuel pump went out. I purchased the AC Delco EP 356 per most of your recommendation. I didn't install it myself, I decided to leave it to a professional. He installed it and told me she was ready to go. Took it to the lake for a test, it started but was running very rough so I gave it a little gas. It died and wouldn't start again. Took it back to the shop and had him go at it again. He said that the pump runs but it's not taking. bottom line, he say's it won't work??? I picked it up and am going to try and fix it myself. Has anyone experienced this? Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Frustrated MC owner
    I installed the AC Delco EP356 as a replacment on mine I re-used the hose that came with the fuel pump unit. I have not had any problems at all, boat runs fine. I would check to make sure there is not a kink in the hose, fitting loose, or wrong hose installed.

Leave a comment:

• rhsprostar
    replied
    Nice find Boofer. Did anyone check to see if an autoparts place has them or can get them?
    I will check a few around here.

Leave a comment:

• bigmac
    replied
    Originally posted by boofer View Post
    Here's the Delphi hose in 8mm diameter which is 5/16". I am assuming this is an inner diameter. I have emailed them to verify and check on other diameters they might be able to get. Although I do not get a warm fuzzy from this web store, it does indicate that these hoses can be purchased by themselves.

Bigmac, how do you know that Delphi does not make a 1/4" hose? I am just curious. If this is true, then I might gander that it is a 5/16" hose used in our modules and shrunk (assume with heat) to fit the 1/4" barb.

http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?Mc=DELPHI-E
    I talked to a not-very-informed phone answering person who told me that they (Delphi) no longer make 30R10 hose and have gone to all PTFE/FEP. I am not totally confident of her level of knowledge-ness.

I'd be inclined to buy some of the 5/16 and experiment by heating the stuff up over a 1/4 inch dowel and see what happens. It makes more sense to me that it would be 5/16 and shrunk to 1/4 rather than risk splitting the PTFE by trying to get 1/4 inch hose over a 5/16 inch barb. Heat-shrink PTFE tubing is pretty common in the electrical cabling biz.

How long is the tubing in the OEM module? I'm guessing we'd need the 14 inch long stuff?

/
    Last edited by bigmac; 08-31-2009, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• boofer
    replied
    Here's the Delphi hose in 8mm diameter which is 5/16". I am assuming this is an inner diameter. I have emailed them to verify and check on other diameters they might be able to get. Although I do not get a warm fuzzy from this web store, it does indicate that these hoses can be purchased by themselves.

Bigmac, how do you know that Delphi does not make a 1/4" hose? I am just curious. If this is true, then I might gander that it is a 5/16" hose used in our modules and shrunk (assume with heat) to fit the 1/4" barb.

http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?Mc=DELPHI-E
    Last edited by boofer; 08-31-2009, 02:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bigmac
    replied
    Originally posted by rudaire View Post
    I think you're right. But I still cannot find a source for submersible 1/4 line. Only 5/16 and 3/8.
    d
    I spoke with someone at Midwest Manufacturing, a fuel pump module re-builder. They tell me their distributor for convoluted in-tank fuel line is Power Signal Group. Tele. 800-722-5273. From looking at PSG website, my guess is that they get the fuel line from Delphi.
    Last edited by bigmac; 08-28-2009, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bigmac
    replied
    Originally posted by 06' TT View Post
    Need some help guy's... I have an 06' 197 TT and the fuel pump went out. I purchased the AC Delco EP 356 per most of your recommendation. I didn't install it myself, I decided to leave it to a professional. He installed it and told me she was ready to go. Took it to the lake for a test, it started but was running very rough so I gave it a little gas. It died and wouldn't start again. Took it back to the shop and had him go at it again. He said that the pump runs but it's not taking. bottom line, he say's it won't work??? I picked it up and am going to try and fix it myself. Has anyone experienced this? Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Frustrated MC owner
    I'd start by seeing what kind of hose the guy used to connect the new pump to the regulator, and how he secured the hose ends to those barbs.

Leave a comment:

• 06' TT
    replied

Thanks a lot,

Frustrated MC owner

Leave a comment:

• rhsprostar
    replied
    I think you guys have it right that they are the same size hose flared to different sizes at each end.
    I can't believe that between all of us we can't find a source for that plastic hose.....
    It's on my list for next week, i will keep you posted.
    Nice work Stu thanks for the update. Lets get this hose issue sorted out and then we have it beaten!!!

Leave a comment:

• JMann
    replied
    Speaking of fuel pumps I have a 1991 Prostar 190 with the 351. What model number fuel pump is this and where can I order one?
    Thanks for the fuel pump help.

Leave a comment:

• stu
    replied
    Originally posted by TX.X-30 fan View Post
    I still think the hose is somehow flared and not a different size. Possibly a little heat and then slide the correct size in that end.
    You're exactly right, factory flared to different sizes. Heat would probably help.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stu; 08-13-2009, 05:32 PM. Reason: factory

Leave a comment:

• rudaire
    replied
    Originally posted by TX.X-30 fan View Post
    I still think the hose is somehow flared and not a different size. Possibly a little heat and then slide the correct size in that end.
    I think you're right. But I still cannot find a source for submersible 1/4 line. Only 5/16 and 3/8.
    d

Leave a comment:

• TX.X-30 fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mallees
    replied
    Originally posted by AussieMC View Post
    Cheers Mal,
    I'll send you an email, but maybe we can both get one and combine shipping.
    Sounds good to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X