Fuel pump aftermarket part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phillywakeboarder View Post
    Wow, this is an amazing thread! I'm not sure it's possible, but I think I have a fuel pump that hasn't been addressed yet (it's how my luck usually runs . . . .) Anyway, I'm looking for a replacement fuel pump for a 99 x star with the LTR motor. According to the user's manual, the LTR wants 35 to 45 psi. I've included a few pics of my module. The sticker with the part number is illegible (again, my luck . . . .)

I really hope someone can help me out. I spoke with the parts department at Midwest Mastercraft, and they were very nice, but they had some bad news: Mastercraft doesn't make my module anymore. They gave me the telephone number to the parts department at the Mastercraft mothership, and he was very nice as well, but he confirmed that Mastercraft doesn't make my module anymore. So . . . it seems I have to find a replacement fuel pump for my existing module. Does anyone have any idea what part will work? I've done my best to read the posts in this thread and in others, but nothing seems to address a replacement fuel pump for the 99 LTR. It seems that my system (which is a single line) runs at a lower psi than most.

Can someone help me with this same question for a 2000 X-Star with the 330HP 350 cubic inch "5.7L LTR Multi-port GM V-8 engine"?

Also, is there a consensus upgrade to the cheap oem fuel line that connects the pump to the fuel filter? I'd like to replace that if possible even if my pump is working fine.

I'd like to do the following:
    - Inspect fuel pump
    - replace fuel filter
    - replace fuel pump line
    - purchase spare fuel filter ($60 to have this part on hand seems like a no brainer).

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by jamis0n View Post
      Can someone help me with this same question for a 2000 X-Star with the 330HP 350 cubic inch "5.7L LTR Multi-port GM V-8 engine"?

Also, is there a consensus upgrade to the cheap oem fuel line that connects the pump to the fuel filter? I'd like to replace that if possible even if my pump is working fine.

I'd like to do the following:
      - Inspect fuel pump
      - replace fuel filter
      - replace fuel pump line
      - purchase spare fuel filter ($60 to have this part on hand seems like a no brainer).

Thanks!
      hit the fuel pump 101 thread...

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=25783
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• Ive read almost that entire thread and am still confused about which part to buy.

I think I should get the Airtex 2044, but as far as the fuel filter, is MC the only one who makes/sells that?

Comment

• I purchased my filters from eBay.
          2007 X2 - Current
          2004 X10 -Sold
          1997 ProStar 190 - Sold
          1993 ProStar 190 Star & Stripes - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by jamis0n View Post
            Ive read almost that entire thread and am still confused about which part to buy.

I think I should get the Airtex 2044, but as far as the fuel filter, is MC the only one who makes/sells that?
            You can also purchase the filter from skidim: http://www.skidim.com/FUEL-FILTER-IN...ctinfo/155101/

Comment

• So I purchased an Airtex E2044 equivalent from advance auto parts.

When I went to install it, I noticed that its definitely about an inch shorter then the one that was in there already.

I read someone else who posted about this but not sure what the consensus was about just lowering the blue bracket to secure it.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Bump on ^ - Should I just drill holes to accommodate the shorter pump?

There are 5 screws that hold my blue bracket in place.

Comment

• Fuel pump Indmar 5.7

Has anyone found cross reference numbers for the Indmar motors? Or know if the pumps are the same? I have a 2007 x1 with the Indmar 5.7. I'd found similar boats on here but nothing that is the exact same.

Comment

• Hey, I have seen a lot of repairs for fuel pumps and pump components aftermarket for a lot less than the dealer might provide. This weekend - (holiday of course) the engine began to lose horsepower, sputtered and died. Would not start back up. Had about 1/2 tank of fuel remaining. Pulled it to the fuel dock and added fuel to see if it would start and no go. Turns over just acts like it is choking out. It did this one other time this year on the 4th (why is it always the holiday's). We got it running and had not had a problem since. Guy at the marina said. it sounds like it was not getting enough fuel and may be the fuel pump. I don't have the tools to test the pressure so I may have to have someone do that for me.

Same description I have read on many other posts. But I have not seen my specific boat. Anyone know if this pump can be found outside of dealer or have the numbers? X-15 with Indmar 5.7 RTP engine. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

• http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=82339

See the above thread. I have just repkaced the module on my 2005 X7 with 350 MCX. Here in the Uk the replacement Mastercraft two pump module with jumper harness cost me $1260 equivalent!!!!!

I am now sourcing a pump to reover the old module. Based on TT advise I have bught (from the USA) an Airtex E2044 for $56.

Spec below. I reeeeally hope its going to be OK?
                      Pump Ratings as follows:

Maximum Free Flow Rate (gph): 45
                      Maximum Pressure (psi): 100
                      Maximum Pressure Rate (psi): 100
                      MFG Model # (Series): E2044
                      Minimum Free Flow Rate (gph): 45
                      Minimum Pressure (psi): 90
                      Minimum Pressure Rate (psi): 90
                      Other Part Number: P74112, HP10180, HP10184, P74118, E2044, 152001

I am assuming this just a straight plug and play in my old Fuel Module?

Comments?
                      Regards

Comment

• Really like an informed view on my input above. I am hoping the new E2044 pump does not require modification of the module casing.

Comment

• Has anyone found a replacement pump for the 71-342s unit? I haven’t been able to confidently identify what someone has used. I have an 07 x1 with the RTP

Comment

• I have an 07 X2 rtp. I used a Precision E16047 fuel pump. Installed easily without any issues. This pump is about $90. I realize the Airtek pump is less money. I’m familiar with Precision and trust their reliability. Mine’s been installed for about 350 hours.
                            Change your filter and gasket while in there.
                            Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

• Originally posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
                              I have an 07 X2 rtp. I used a Precision E16047 fuel pump. Installed easily without any issues. This pump is about $90. I realize the Airtek pump is less money. I’m familiar with Precision and trust their reliability. Mine’s been installed for about 350 hours.
                              Change your filter and gasket while in there.
                              Thank you Neil.anderson63 I appreciate the help.

Comment

• My fuel pump on my 2007 X2 just went out for the 2nd time. Any updates on this post since last year?

Comment

Working...
                                X