Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikeg205
    replied
    yes, the pressure regulator will mange it for you - I believe.

Leave a comment:

• phillywakeboarder
    replied
    After a ton of online and in-store research, I think I've found a replacement fuel pump with the corrects specs for a 1999 LTR - the Delphi DFP FE0299 (this is a NAPA part number, I think). This pump has a PSI rating of 45, which fits into the 35 to 45 PSI window called for in my owner's manual. My only question is with respect to the pump's volume rating, which is listed as 27 gallons per hour. My manual calls for a volume rating of 1 pint per 20 seconds, which, if my math is correct, is 22.5 gallons per hour. So . . . do you think I'll be okay running a 27 gallons per hour pump even though the manual calls for 22.5? My guess is yes, but I wanted to run it by you guys.

Leave a comment:

• phillywakeboarder
    replied
    Wow, this is an amazing thread! I'm not sure it's possible, but I think I have a fuel pump that hasn't been addressed yet (it's how my luck usually runs . . . .) Anyway, I'm looking for a replacement fuel pump for a 99 x star with the LTR motor. According to the user's manual, the LTR wants 35 to 45 psi. I've included a few pics of my module. The sticker with the part number is illegible (again, my luck . . . .)

I really hope someone can help me out. I spoke with the parts department at Midwest Mastercraft, and they were very nice, but they had some bad news: Mastercraft doesn't make my module anymore. They gave me the telephone number to the parts department at the Mastercraft mothership, and he was very nice as well, but he confirmed that Mastercraft doesn't make my module anymore. So . . . it seems I have to find a replacement fuel pump for my existing module. Does anyone have any idea what part will work? I've done my best to read the posts in this thread and in others, but nothing seems to address a replacement fuel pump for the 99 LTR. It seems that my system (which is a single line) runs at a lower psi than most.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jgraham37128
    Guest replied
    I replaced mine for $38.00. Bought it off eBay. Pics right above this post and instructions on how to do it. Easy fix.

Oh and by the way my boat was three years old with 197 hours..... Be thankful it took yours that long to go through one.

Leave a comment:

• CruisinGA
    replied
    Dude, your boat is 12 years old. A fuel pump failure seems par for the course.
    This entire thread is about how to fix a failed pump with common auto parts.

Originally posted by puzlparts View Post
    The fuel pump on my 2002 X-9 crapped out while on a great boating weekend. Boat shop calls their supplier and he says "No, don't have one, have two on back order and MC does not have any in stock" He is getting calls from all over the U.S.....*** is this? Boat shop calls MC and is told that "WE DON'T KNOW WHEN WE WILL HAVE ANY REPLACEMNT FUEL PUMPS"...This is BS.

I called MC this week and spoke to a customer svc guy. Tells me same thing..."WE ARE WORKING WITH A VENDOR AND DO NOT KNOW WHEN WE WILL HAVE THEM IN STOCK". The previous vendor just stopped making the parts. So, this is really great. Have a family boating vacation planned and cannot bring the boat. Was going to have to cancel, but decided to call the marina and find out about renting one of their MB Sports boats. Yes, they have one, but will cost me $450 per day! Oh crap... So, in order to keep the peace at home and be able to enjoy my granddaughters on the trip, I bit the bullet and reserved one for two days. THAT'S $900 YOU COST ME MC.. are you going to reimburse me........of course not you say.

So, I keep proding this CS guy and he does not know when we can expect replacements. Could be months away. Boats affected between 1999 and 2004. How many of them are, or will be, in the same problem as me? A lot I would say.

MC, you knew this was going to happen and did not do sh**t. You need to make good to the hundreds of boat owners that have lined your pockets with profits.

Leave a comment:

• john jones
    replied
    Originally posted by puzlparts View Post
    The fuel pump on my 2002 X-9 crapped out while on a great boating weekend. Boat shop calls their supplier and he says "No, don't have one, have two on back order and MC does not have any in stock" He is getting calls from all over the U.S.....*** is this? Boat shop calls MC and is told that "WE DON'T KNOW WHEN WE WILL HAVE ANY REPLACEMNT FUEL PUMPS"...This is BS.

I called MC this week and spoke to a customer svc guy. Tells me same thing..."WE ARE WORKING WITH A VENDOR AND DO NOT KNOW WHEN WE WILL HAVE THEM IN STOCK". The previous vendor just stopped making the parts. So, this is really great. Have a family boating vacation planned and cannot bring the boat. Was going to have to cancel, but decided to call the marina and find out about renting one of their MB Sports boats. Yes, they have one, but will cost me $450 per day! Oh crap... So, in order to keep the peace at home and be able to enjoy my granddaughters on the trip, I bit the bullet and reserved one for two days. THAT'S $900 YOU COST ME MC.. are you going to reimburse me........of course not you say.

So, I keep proding this CS guy and he does not know when we can expect replacements. Could be months away. Boats affected between 1999 and 2004. How many of them are, or will be, in the same problem as me? A lot I would say.

MC, you knew this was going to happen and did not do sh**t. You need to make good to the hundreds of boat owners that have lined your pockets with profits.
    There are a ton of posts about fixing this yourself for around 100 bucks. If you are some what mechanical you can have this fixed in a few hours.

Leave a comment:

• puzlparts
    replied
    Fuel Pump Failure

Leave a comment:

• mseller
    replied
    Huge thanks to this forum and boofer's writeup! Saved me from taking the boat out of the water and taking to the mechanic.

Bought the airtex e2044 for my '08 x45. Took about an hour to install. Worked like a charm and saved me bookoo $$$$!

Leave a comment:

• jgraham37128
    Guest replied
    Carter P74118

I just installed a Carter P74118 on mine last night. Worked perfect. Didn't go far but it will get the full test this weekend.

The fuel line clip is easy to unlock, you just have to pull back the orange wrapping a little further came right off with my hands and clips right back on. It's just a back up to the quick connect to make sure it doesn't come off.

Be careful on the bolts to re mount it took a little bit of time but I didn't not want to strip one of the treads, then you would have a big head ache.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• conway400
    replied
    Worked! (so far)

Installed the E2044 last night in about an hour using the two or three threads from here. Test ran on the trailer, then a quick circle on the water, and all was fine. (Didn't go far - late night and no one out to tow me in if there was a problem.)

First, thanks all! I got my pump for $69. Used a new gasket and filter - so total was about $110.

Second, the only part I was almost not prepared for was that the clip on the fuel line to the pump is a kind that needs to be destroyed to get off, then you need to have another (I used the small size hose clamp) to reattach. I am sure I just missed this somewhere reading (like the post above).

Hopefully this weekend I can stress test it. It helps having a second set of hands to get the canister back together.

Leave a comment:

• deminimis
    replied
    Fuel injection clamps! That is unless you go top self and go this route (better): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008L4874S/...=IF21PQK5FRAVR If you don't get a good seal on the internal fuel line you can look forward to a life of hard starts.

Also, I seem to recall I had to use the orig strainer or rubber dealio that the orig pump nestled into on the bottom. Once you open it up, you'll see. Also, mark the location of the screws on the housing before you open it up as it slides (adjusts). This way the length of the housing is correct when you put it back together. When I did mine it literally took more time to remove and reinstall the bazillion screws that holds the housing plate to the tank. The pump swap itself was uber quick. I keep the orig pump (I wasn't having any trouble with it) and the blue fuel line clip tool in my boat in case I never need to swap it back in should the Airtex fail. It's that easy to do. The "X" style fuel line disconnect tool will not work. You simply need the plastic type tool (blue) was the correct size in my kit and looks similar to this:

Leave a comment:

• conway400
    replied
    Thanks again. I will try to salvage the line a have (I hope).

I assume I am stuck getting the gasket and filter from the MasterCraft dealer?

I will post my progress (I mean success) in a few days.

Leave a comment:

• deminimis
    replied
    Gates SAE J30R10 part # 27093 5/16" is a good, but expensive, in-tank line. Problem is the 1/4" fuel reg barb. I think there's a way around this problem (leaving the orig hard line on the barb (cut at the barb end, and slipping the 5/16 line over it and clamping it appropriately.

Leave a comment:

• deminimis
    replied
    Man oh man, you are taxing my memory. Fuel line puller and you may wish to have submersible fuel line on hand in case you can't salvage the present fuel line. Beyond that, I just can't recall. I have no independent recollection of the fuel filter. I posted the process on here at one point (along with several others) with pics that I've long since deleted. Anyway, it's here, somewhere, I think??

Leave a comment:

• conway400
    replied
    Thanks! Did you replace something similar to mine?

What else is needed? Fuel line puller tool?

Will the auto parts store have the filter and it is it easy to identify?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X