Fuel pump aftermarket part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craig3972 View Post
    Thanks for the above. When my gas gauge reads empty, I can look thru the side of the tank - it looks like there is still 1/4 tank remaining - so maybe i will be lucky.
    Well, having said all of that....I confess that the four MasterCraft owners on our lake have pitched in to purchase a community fuel pump to keep just in case one of us has a pump go TU at an inconvenient time. OTOH, we've had the thing for 3 years and no one has used it yet.
    '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Good work Thanks!

Originally posted by boofer View Post
      I have seen some of the systems that use a returnless system (only one fuel line connected to the fuel tank/regulator) and others with 2 lines. I am not entirely familiar with these 2 line systems. But, as far as pumps are concerned, I think that is a moot point.
      The 2-line system (Feed and return) has great benifit. These pumps work at peak capacity all the time. They are designed to flow and greater psi and volume then necessary. The Fuel Pressure Regulator (at the engine fuel injector rail) controls pressure and the injector nozzle size and (computer controlled injector signal) pulse width control volume. The return line helps to keep good flow which equals good pump cooling at low RPM / idle.

A returnless system would have demished pump cooling at idle.
      Last edited by Whitfield; 06-26-2009, 02:32 AM.

Comment

"No. I think they switched to the new fuel pump sometime in mid-2007."

Do you think it's possible to go by boat vin number to find out if you have the new style pump or would pulling the pump and checking the part number the only way to know?

Comment

I'll bet that information is not available to the public.
          '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Originally posted by Whitfield View Post
            Good work Thanks!

The 2-line system (Feed and return) has great benifit. These pumps work at peak capacity all the time. They are designed to flow and greater psi and volume then necessary. The Fuel Pressure Regulator (at the engine fuel injector rail) controls pressure and the injector nozzle size and (computer controlled injector signal) pulse width control volume. The return line helps to keep good flow which equals good pump cooling at low RPM / idle.

A returnless system would have demished pump cooling at idle.
            Actually from what i could see they are both the (feed and return) type of systems. The one with the single line has the fuel pressure regulator on the top of the fuel module. The pump runs at peak all the time and the excess fuel is returned to the tank through a line that actually deposits it back in the tank over the fuel pump, theoretically helping cool it.
            sigpic
            04 197 TT LQ9 stargazer w/Z-Box
            Tournament PB 1/4 buoy @ 35 off
            Previous...
            96 Prostar 205 Lt1
            93 Prostar 205 HO
            81 Leaves and stripes(Can. edition)

Comment

Has anyone came up with a automobile part number for the Carther 71-342S fuel pump?

It would seem that my boat with about 4 inches of fuel in left in the tank equals empty when idling. The fuel pump still works and the boat is well except for the impending fuel pump doom since it stumbled and stopped running.

Figure I will just buy one now and wait for that faithful day that seems to befall all who let their tanks go to 1/4.
              2008 x45

"You Can't Beat a Tree"

Comment

Chief
                I think that you will be fine with any of the replacements listed earlier in the post. The specific part number for your Fuel Module is boat specific because of tank dimensions rather than actual pump output. The tank is much different from a 197 to an X-star for example, in both size and shape.
                sigpic
                Previous...
                96 Prostar 205 Lt1
                93 Prostar 205 HO

Comment

Add another failure to the list

Had my Carter fuel pump go on my 06 with 350hrs on it. i rarely ran it below 1/4 tank, but after opening up and examining my failed pump i dont believe that is how it failed.
                  It appears that two tiny tabs on the armature that drive the pump sheared off. See pics. The tabs were still inside the housing when i cut it open. I suspect that they could shear off and get stuck in the armature preventing it from turning.

I was lucky to obtain a replacement pump on Canada Day (everything closed) but i wanted to thank the person who posted the AC Delco replacement numbers - otherwise I wouldnt have known which pump to get. Saved me a couple of days on the water

Click image for larger version

Name:	xstar fuel pump 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	2284043

Name:	xstar fuel pump 2.jpg
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	2284044

Name:	xstar fuel pump 3.jpg
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	2284045

Comment

Glad to hear you got it up an running so quickly. Nice work on the pump......i wonder if mine is like that? I still have it in my garage. How did you cut it open, with a dremmel?
                    sigpic
                    Previous...
                    96 Prostar 205 Lt1
                    93 Prostar 205 HO

Comment

Originally posted by rhsprostar View Post
                      Glad to hear you got it up an running so quickly. Nice work on the pump......i wonder if mine is like that? I still have it in my garage. How did you cut it open, with a dremmel?
                      I chucked it in a lathe and cut it with a grooving tool behind the swaging.
                      I could tell right away something was wrong with the pump cause the noise it made was very different than normal. Also , I pushed the valve on the fuel rail and there was no pressure.
                      The pump only cost me $210.00cdn, so i may buy an extra to have in the boat.
                      I hope the AC Delco part is higher quality than the Carter

Comment

Originally posted by craig3972 View Post
                        I hope the AC Delco part is higher quality than the Carter
                        From the many posts on the subject, it appears that the Delcos and AirTeks are much better made. I don't think I've ever seen a post here about one of those replacements failing, whereas there have been several posts from people with multiple failures of dealer-installed MC-supplied modules prior to their use of these Millenium pumps in about 2008.
                        '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Well so far so good with my NAPA version.(70 hrs) I guess only time will tell. It does seem like those Carter pumps are substandard though. I hope MC changed suppliers for that part..
                          sigpic
                          Previous...
                          96 Prostar 205 Lt1
                          93 Prostar 205 HO

Comment

Are the part #'s listed for the MCX? is there a different pump for the RTP?
                            2002 Prostar 197

Comment

Pretty sure it is the same pump.
                              sigpic
                              Previous...
                              96 Prostar 205 Lt1
                              93 Prostar 205 HO

Comment

As far as i can see....from looking at the different fuel modules on www.mymastercraft.com, the same module is listed for the rtp and mcx for the different models, so......the aftermarket pump will also be the same.
                                sigpic
                                Previous...
                                96 Prostar 205 Lt1
                                93 Prostar 205 HO

Comment

Working...
                                X