Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLMax16
    replied
    I found out that my fuel pump never actually went out. My problem was the round fuel filter attached to the bottom of the can. If you leave untreated fuel in it for more than a month or two it will clog and restrict flow to the point that the engine won’t run. I treat my fuel and still have to change it out every other year. Or else, when I get to a half tank or below, it will cut out.

Leave a comment:

• Dan2060
    replied
    Originally posted by duanecone View Post
    My fuel pump on my 2007 X2 just went out for the 2nd time. Any updates on this post since last year?
    I have a brand new in the box one for sale. i believe they go for around 700 from MC. Let me know through a private message and I can make you a deal and get it out ASAP. Maybe you'll have it before the holiday weekend. Dan 575626 6815

Leave a comment:

• duanecone
    replied
    My fuel pump on my 2007 X2 just went out for the 2nd time. Any updates on this post since last year?

Leave a comment:

• Mccmason
    replied
    Originally posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
    I have an 07 X2 rtp. I used a Precision E16047 fuel pump. Installed easily without any issues. This pump is about $90. I realize the Airtek pump is less money. I’m familiar with Precision and trust their reliability. Mine’s been installed for about 350 hours.
    Change your filter and gasket while in there.
    Thank you Neil.anderson63 I appreciate the help.

Leave a comment:

• neil.anderson63
    replied
    I have an 07 X2 rtp. I used a Precision E16047 fuel pump. Installed easily without any issues. This pump is about $90. I realize the Airtek pump is less money. I’m familiar with Precision and trust their reliability. Mine’s been installed for about 350 hours.
    Change your filter and gasket while in there.

Leave a comment:

• Mccmason
    replied
    Has anyone found a replacement pump for the 71-342s unit? I haven’t been able to confidently identify what someone has used. I have an 07 x1 with the RTP

Leave a comment:

• eurosysytem0
    replied
    Really like an informed view on my input above. I am hoping the new E2044 pump does not require modification of the module casing.

Leave a comment:

• eurosysytem0
    replied
    http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=82339

See the above thread. I have just repkaced the module on my 2005 X7 with 350 MCX. Here in the Uk the replacement Mastercraft two pump module with jumper harness cost me $1260 equivalent!!!!!

I am now sourcing a pump to reover the old module. Based on TT advise I have bught (from the USA) an Airtex E2044 for $56.

Spec below. I reeeeally hope its going to be OK?
    Pump Ratings as follows:

Maximum Free Flow Rate (gph): 45
    Maximum Pressure (psi): 100
    Maximum Pressure Rate (psi): 100
    MFG Model # (Series): E2044
    Minimum Free Flow Rate (gph): 45
    Minimum Pressure (psi): 90
    Minimum Pressure Rate (psi): 90
    Other Part Number: P74112, HP10180, HP10184, P74118, E2044, 152001

I am assuming this just a straight plug and play in my old Fuel Module?

Comments?
    Regards

Leave a comment:

• X-15eyesonly
    replied
    Hey, I have seen a lot of repairs for fuel pumps and pump components aftermarket for a lot less than the dealer might provide. This weekend - (holiday of course) the engine began to lose horsepower, sputtered and died. Would not start back up. Had about 1/2 tank of fuel remaining. Pulled it to the fuel dock and added fuel to see if it would start and no go. Turns over just acts like it is choking out. It did this one other time this year on the 4th (why is it always the holiday's). We got it running and had not had a problem since. Guy at the marina said. it sounds like it was not getting enough fuel and may be the fuel pump. I don't have the tools to test the pressure so I may have to have someone do that for me.

Same description I have read on many other posts. But I have not seen my specific boat. Anyone know if this pump can be found outside of dealer or have the numbers? X-15 with Indmar 5.7 RTP engine. Any help is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Mccmason
    replied
    Fuel pump Indmar 5.7

Has anyone found cross reference numbers for the Indmar motors? Or know if the pumps are the same? I have a 2007 x1 with the Indmar 5.7. I'd found similar boats on here but nothing that is the exact same.

Leave a comment:

• jamis0n
    replied
    Bump on ^ - Should I just drill holes to accommodate the shorter pump?

There are 5 screws that hold my blue bracket in place.

Leave a comment:

• jamis0n
    replied
    So I purchased an Airtex E2044 equivalent from advance auto parts.

When I went to install it, I noticed that its definitely about an inch shorter then the one that was in there already.

I read someone else who posted about this but not sure what the consensus was about just lowering the blue bracket to secure it.

Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamis0n View Post
    Ive read almost that entire thread and am still confused about which part to buy.

I think I should get the Airtex 2044, but as far as the fuel filter, is MC the only one who makes/sells that?
    You can also purchase the filter from skidim: http://www.skidim.com/FUEL-FILTER-IN...ctinfo/155101/

Leave a comment:

• wheeler
    replied
    I purchased my filters from eBay.

Leave a comment:

• jamis0n
    replied
    Ive read almost that entire thread and am still confused about which part to buy.

I think I should get the Airtex 2044, but as far as the fuel filter, is MC the only one who makes/sells that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X