Check engine/dealer service requiredt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check engine/dealer service requiredt

My 2008 x2 MCX seems to be running fine but the vdig is showing check engine with each start. All gauges are normal but my temp gauge will not go above 120. Is the problem a faulty Tstat? Any help is appreciated!
    David
    2008 X2 MCX
    1999 Maristar 210 (sold)
    1996 Bayliner 2050

Bump for some tstat help please
    David
    2008 X2 MCX
    1999 Maristar 210 (sold)
    1996 Bayliner 2050

Comment

If it really is running cold, then it's likely the thermostat. But it can also be an issue with the gauge or the gauge temp sensor. I typically verify the temp with an infrared temp gun.

On the check engine, are you saying the check engine indication goes off after the engine has started? If so, that may be normal. If there are stored error codes in the ECM, the check engine light typically stays on. In that case, you need a marine code reader. I use Rhinda Diacom.
      -----------------------------------
      Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
      Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
      Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

I had a similar "Check Engine" this spring that I could not track down myself. Mine is an 07 X2.
        1- I had some low temp reading on the gauge, checked everything and ended up changing out the thermostat just to be sure.
        2- Had some fuel pressure issues that pushed me to replace the entire fuel assembly.
        3- I checked the engine oil, trans oil, knock sensors, temp sensor etc Check Engine kept hanging around even though I though I got through 3 engine warm up cycles.

Ended up taking it in to the dealer and there were 3 codes. Completely unrelated to anything above. One was a throttle position sensor miss match. One was a wiring harness. And I can't remember what the 3rd one was, BUT the dealer noted all of them, cleared them and sent me on my way. Basically saying that the probability of all 3 being bad was not likely. The boat has been running like a champ since. (knock on wood).

The point is you may have to plug in and get the codes from the ECU to get to the bottom of it. On my 2007 there is no other way to get the codes and I was chasing every little thing that I thought it could be.

Side Note: On the 2007, I pushed the "display" button, right side of the steering wheel, to silence the beeping. Doesn't clear the code just turns off the beeping.

Comment

Thanks guys, I live in rural area 3 hours from dealer. My shadetree guy will look it over but will share with him this info.
          David
          2008 X2 MCX
          1999 Maristar 210 (sold)
          1996 Bayliner 2050

Comment

Working...
          X