Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 mcx 350 cam specs????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by dummy View Post
    Yeah, what could happen?

    That's gotta hurt
    Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

    '91 prostar 190

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by scottyb View Post
      Hey guys,
      I know I am going to need to adjust the fuel mapping for the 383. I was debating on sending my ecm in to get it mapped or purchasing the MEFI Burn software and tuning the computer myself via laptop in the boat using the real time engine data. The program is a little pricy but Will prob be worth it in the long run, having theability to make adjustments any time I want.
      My only concern is if the stock injectors will be able to handle the amount of fuel needed.
      Thank you
      Scott
      The stock injectors will not flow enough fuel. You will not know how much to change things. Just pay someone qualified to do the work. Your motor is worth to much to just guess. As you can see by the previous discussions it's not a seat of hte pants feel.

      I'll look more at the other photos in a second and post about them.
      -Tim

      Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by dummy View Post
        Yeah, what could happen?

        As someone else said a bad chip burn could be fast feedback, bend a valve or something that would let you know it was screwed up.

        One of the long term issues I know about comes from watching others. Said motorhead put a HP310 HP small block in a standard 350/210 HP fuel system. It ran "fine" for a long time until the tops of pistons finally burned off.

        The same thing happens with 383s that run 350 injectors.

        We know you don't have a dyno. So when I ask who could burn a chip I wasn't talking about the average joe with a computer in his garage. I was talking about someone that burns chips professionally. You could try www.tbichips.com and see if he can do it or knows someone that can do it.
        -Tim

        Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by MYMC View Post
          Ah the old superflow...I do miss it from time to time.

          If it were me...and it's not...I call Alan Tehan (http://www.technicalservicesin.com/index.php) since he has done more MC "hotrodding" than most. He used to be on the MC payroll, but that is another story for a different day.
          The photo of the engine on the dyno- I copied it from his site and that is where I'd go. I really liked hanging out down there during training.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by 92Maristar View Post
            The stock injectors will not flow enough fuel. You will not know how much to change things. Just pay someone qualified to do the work. Your motor is worth to much to just guess. As you can see by the previous discussions it's not a seat of hte pants feel.

            I'll look more at the other photos in a second and post about them.
            Why won't they? Without knowing how much it needs, I don't think there's any reason to automatically decide they can't do the job when the easiest change to make is the pulse width. (This motor doesn't have a blower, does it? If it will get one, it'll need a different MAP sensor, too.)

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by JimN View Post
              Why won't they? Without knowing how much it needs, I don't think there's any reason to automatically decide they can't do the job when the easiest change to make is the pulse width. (This motor doesn't have a blower, does it? If it will get one, it'll need a different MAP sensor, too.)
              Jim,
              You really dont want the duty cycle to be greater than 80% so the 24lbs injector may not be enough based on "guesstimated" HP. The other side of this is that the larger injector is much more difficult to control at idle...particularly given the set-up.

              You could boost fuel pressure to make the 24lbs injector act bigger, but then you are getting into modified fuel systems on a boat...never a good thing.

              Decisions decisions...
              "You do realize that a nutless monkey could do your job"

              Les Grossman

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by MYMC View Post
                Jim,
                You really dont want the duty cycle to be greater than 80% so the 24lbs injector may not be enough based on "guesstimated" HP. The other side of this is that the larger injector is much more difficult to control at idle...particularly given the set-up.

                You could boost fuel pressure to make the 24lbs injector act bigger, but then you are getting into modified fuel systems on a boat...never a good thing.

                Decisions decisions...
                That was more or less my point. I don't know exactly what the duty cycle is with the OEM program. As I said, there's no reason to just decide that they can't handle it out of hand and guessing isn't much good for this kind of situation.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by JimN View Post
                  Why won't they? Without knowing how much it needs, I don't think there's any reason to automatically decide they can't do the job when the easiest change to make is the pulse width. (This motor doesn't have a blower, does it? If it will get one, it'll need a different MAP sensor, too.)
                  All the reading I've done says the stock 350 injectors will run a 383 lean. All of the aftermarket engine builders that I've talk to say to run the 454s because it will run lean. I assume they know what they are talking about.
                  -Tim

                  Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by JimN View Post
                    That was more or less my point. I don't know exactly what the duty cycle is with the OEM program. As I said, there's no reason to just decide that they can't handle it out of hand and guessing isn't much good for this kind of situation.
                    Yes, there is a reason. The fact that so many aftermarket builders say so.
                    -Tim

                    Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by dummy View Post
                      Yeah, what could happen?

                      So, Dummy, what is the story behind this piston?
                      -Tim

                      Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by 92Maristar View Post
                        So, Dummy, what is the story behind this piston?
                        My guess looking at the picture is that the top ring did this.
                        "You do realize that a nutless monkey could do your job"

                        Les Grossman

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Well its going in this weekend
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by 92Maristar View Post
                            So, Dummy, what is the story behind this piston?
                            LS sand car engine. Twin turbo, lotsa boost, not enough C16 in the mix. Guy ignored the detonation 'till this happened. My buddy did the exact same thing with a 6.0L and a supercharger. Gotta feed 'em enough fuel and make sure the timing is pulled under boost or this is the result.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              do you guys know when setting the timing on the electronic ignition dist. in the mcx, if there is anything I need to jump or disconnect?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X