X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What motor is this?

2002 Mastercraft Xstar

So it's one of these 2...

MasterCraft Power Vortec Predator 5.7L EFI TBI 350 cubic inch GM V-8 engine - 310 hp, MasterCraft Power Vortec LTR 5.7L multi-port w/ NorthStar ignition EFI 350 cubic inch GM V-8 engine - 330 hp

But im not sure which...

Looks like the 310 predater to me!!!!

Comment

hah, why so excited =P...

Any know issues with that motor? Im looking at a boat with that motor in it...

Comment

Originally posted by bcboy View Post
        Looks like the 310 predater to me!!!!
        Exactly, same motor I had in a 205, pretty good motor if it was taken care of.
        If for some reason you start to believe you are a person with influence, just try ordering somebody else's dog around.

Comment

it's been sitting for a while, and the dealer said they were about to begin the restoration of the entire boat (cosmetic and motor)

Comment

I hope so. Just a casual observation, by the looks of things it may be solid but I see several signs of neglect.
            If for some reason you start to believe you are a person with influence, just try ordering somebody else's dog around.

Comment

like? please tell!

Comment

Has it been used in salt water?
                -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

dealer said no.

Apparently it was bought new, and 3 years ago the owner dropped the boat off for service / storage. He then fled the country. The mechanic put a lean on the boat for the storage cost of about 27,000 ($25 a day for 3 yrs). The bank wanted the boat back, so the mechanic said sure just pay off the lean, the bank seems to be walking away and will be giving the title to the dealer this week.

The dealer didnt want to show me the boat since its been sitting for a while, but he knows im more interested in mechanical operation than cosmetic. He said they were starting to restore the boat and would list it as soon as it was ready.

He was trying to get the bank to give him some cash for holding the boat to put towards restoring the boat.

Comment

Looks like some salt water use to me. Hard to tell from my couch.
                    86' 19 Skier, 351 PCM (sold)
                    2008 197 ProStar, LY6 (sold)

Comment

well i mean at that point... what do you do...

me: "team talk user covi says this boat has been in salt water"

dealer: "no it hasn't"

Comment

Oh, and lets not forget, i live in miami part of the year so more than likely my boat will be used in saltwater. And lets also not forget, it's a boat =P...

my 94 prostar has 1500 hours (many in salt) and minus the transmission giving out (slipping) its running great.

Comment

Originally posted by agarabaghi View Post
                          well i mean at that point... what do you do...

me: "team talk user covi says this boat has been in salt water"

dealer: "no it hasn't"
                          Well with the information you just posted, salt water might just be secondary to the fact that it has been sitting for 3 years, outside.
                          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

are we talking cosmetic or for the engine? (gaskets / seals / not running etc...)

Comment

Originally posted by Covi View Post
                              Looks like some salt water use to me. Hard to tell from my couch.
                              You can type on your computer from your couch?
                              2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
                              "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
                              Taxation = Theft

Comment

Working...
                              X