whats the difference between these two johnson pumps .F6B-9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the difference between these two johnson pumps .F6B-9

what is the difference between these two pumps see pics .
    one has plastic screw in pieces on the inlet outlets.
    and the other one doesn't .

my old one has the black plastic screw in bits ,
    and the new one i got does not.

just curious. both say F6B -9

is one older or newer than the other or is there a difference.

pics stolen from the net.

Attached Files
    sigpic

1988 mastercraft tristar (open bow).

mine is like the one on the right... I bet they removed the screw hose ridge parts for the hoses.
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

One looks like it is designed to be mounted the opposite direction of the other.
      94 Prostar 190, LT-1, Powerslot [SOLD]

sigpic

Comment

your right

Originally posted by Craig View Post
        One looks like it is designed to be mounted the opposite direction of the other.
        sigpic

Comment

i think i found a bit more. one pump is old design the other is the new design

this part # 10-24232-1 has the plastic screw in bits and is a discontinued
          this is new # 10-24805-01 and is the pump without the screw in plastic pieces

sigpic

Comment

The pumps are essentially the same. The one with the screw in bushings on the hose connections is the original pump, our P/N 685001, that we used for many years. The one with the cast in ridges is our P/N 685001-1 is our current pump that went into production in 2007 or 2008. Besides the cast in hose retainers it has a different cam on the inside that increases the pumping capacity. They both use the same impeller and gasket.
            Engine Nut
            Indmar Marine Engines
            Power to the Sport

Comment

thanks engine nut .great info . is the cam the piece that is removable in the older pump by removing the small screw ? i noticed on the newer one there is no small screw. i did not take the time to look inside my new one that closely to see if the cam is still removable. is it or is it cast into the housing now.

cheers thanks for the info .

sigpic

Comment

On the original pump, the cam was removable. I believe you are correct. The cam is pert of the pump housing casting now and is not removable.
                Engine Nut
                Indmar Marine Engines
                Power to the Sport

Comment

I know this is an older thread but it came up in my search for F6b-9. I was just wondering where everyone sources the impeller for this pump?

My pump also has this number on it from Johnson: 10-249-15-01

I saw mastercraft parts depot carries it but just wondering if there are others.

Thank you.

Comment

Johnson pump PDF may help

Hear is something I found online but doesn't have the customer branded part numbers I that I can find but appears a lot of the F6B-9 pumps have the same internals.
                    Attached Files
                    2002 Xstar
                    Old boat: 1988 Tristar 190

Comment

i ordered the FB69 online and paid $122 for it, local dealers wanted 315 and one other wanted 350. literally the same pump. I usually help my local dealers but this was just too far off.

Comment

where did you order from?
                        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X