No announcement yet.

Removing Transmission Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really nice job on the new rear bench. Those stripes are begging for the original rainbow decals. Too bad they are so expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by PineLakeRumble View Post
      Really nice job on the new rear bench. Those stripes are begging for the original rainbow decals. Too bad they are so expensive.
      Have you priced them through the gal that used to do them for BAWS and is now selling direct?
      CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
      sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
      REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
      REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
      Email - [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by PineLakeRumble View Post
        I carried them through just in case I went back with the decals, and figured that they'd look good regardless since the drivers seat and engine cover already had similar. They aren't an exact match, and I wasn't sure how the originals would have went, but they look like they were there when I bought it. .. so I'm happy with 'em.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
          Have you priced them through the gal that used to do them for BAWS and is now selling direct?
          Yep... talked to BAWS last season. More of a luxury than a priority at the time, but we'll see. ...

What's everyone think? If you saw the boat on the lake, would you say "damn cool old MC"... Or would you say "what did that douche do with what could have been a classic"... opinions openly welcome. ..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by 86Skier; 01-20-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

That made me laugh! Thanks. Better that anything being said at my current meeting.

Comment

Last edited by waterlogged882; 09-14-2015, 08:59 PM.
              93 190
              (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post

Does anyone have the contact details for this gal?

Comment

You can get those thru me as well - white with a little black is way easy. otherwise its http://www.planeth2oonline.com/ - this the place that was inside BAWS - she still take orders.
                  sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Last edited by waterlogged882; 09-14-2015, 09:00 PM.
                    93 190
                    (safe click)

Comment

+2 Mike makes some very nice stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 86Skier View Post
                        I had some down time this morning, so I figured I'd share a few pictures of the boat. I obtained it a few seasons back in a swap with another fellow boater.... I needed something more family friendly, and he wanted a go-fast boat that could kill you..... My wife was never more proud of me than when I came home without my old boat.

The previous owner had the engine fully gone through (now only about 150 hours on it), cleaned the rest of it up, replaced a portion of the upholstry where needed, etc. Runs great, looks great, no obvious problems... except the paint scheme. It's shame he took the easy way out and went with a [email protected] stars and stripes pattern vs the original '86 rainbow. Still trying to decide if I go back to the original, or try something new...

Pre-transmission overhaul, the only improvements I've made to date were the fabrication of a new backseat, installation of a bimini so the kiddo has a place to hide from the sun, and I had the prop turned. Otherwise, what you see is what I got.

I like the way it looks and love the interior . What gofast did you get rid of ? That's been one of my sickness' I have had eliminators,stv , skater and currently have a seebold tunnel .

Comment

Originally posted by atihanyi View Post
                          What gofast did you get rid of ?
                          We're kind of getting off the thread topic of "replacing a transmission"... since this boat didn't even have a transmission... but you asked, and I'd love to share it.

She was a flat bottom jet with a built 455 big block. Could easily double the speed of my "new" MC, all the while throwing a 200+ Ft rooster tail.

Over time, it became more trouble than it was worth though... I had to remove the headers after I received a ticket from the po po, and couldn't make it a half mile from the launch without getting pulled over for something stupid every single time out. The cops (and the residents that kept calling the cops) hated that thing.

Overall, I'm enjoying my transition back to sensibility.

Comment

I think the boat looks great! A guy near me has an 86 with the rainbows removed, replaced with Stars and Stripes.

Comment

Anybody have a few hints on how to adjust the transmission mounts on an '86 to align the transmission coupler? The front engine mounts are pretty standard, but I'm confused with what turns what on the tranny mounts.

I can put a bit of pressure on the drive shaft and push it into alignment with the transmission, but it's clear that it isn't quite right, as I assume it should align nicely without any added pressure. As it is, the entire engine needs to be lowered a bit, and then shifted to one side ever so slightly.

Tranny Mount:

Front Engine Mount:

Misalignment:

Comment

Loosen these on each side and you can slide the motor/Trans one way or the other. The large nut is for up and down adjustment.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X