Impeller change on an Ilmore 5.7 in an X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller change on an Ilmore 5.7 in an X2

Any helpful hints on changing the impeller on an X2 with the 5.7 Ilmor. Is it as awkward as it looks? Thanks

Yes, it is and you will need an impeller puller. I was not successful in getting mine out without one. People on the site will tell you it can be done and it may but I didn't have such luck.

Comment

I can change it while holding my phone to snap a picture. This is an X25, are they different?

Comment

Yes, ours are on the rear of the motor. You lay on top of the motor while pulling it.

Comment

The impeller faces the rear bulkhead and it's a tight fit. I can't get the view you get in the x25. I never thought of laying on the motor though. I'm cramming myself in the locker. Any other tricks to get access? Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=XtwentyNot;1016266]
            I can change it while holding my phone to snap a picture. This is an X25, are they different?

Originally posted by jgraham37128 View Post
            Yes, ours are on the rear of the motor. You lay on top of the motor while pulling it.
            Originally posted by esu View Post
            The impeller faces the rear bulkhead and it's a tight fit. I can't get the view you get in the x25. I never thought of laying on the motor though. I'm cramming myself in the locker. Any other tricks to get access? Thanks
            So obviously the impeller on jgrahams Indmar equipped '10 X2 comes out towards the transom...Xtwentynot's Ilmore equipped X25 has the typical "backwards/pulley in front" impeller access. Is esu's Ilmore equipped X2 actually different from Xtwentynot's? Just curious...

Comment

On a X2 its easier to pull the pump and do it on the bench. Also make sure you are using the brand new updated impeller that MC/Ilmor are not using!!
              Bruce Jesionowski - Parts & Warranty
              Store: 810.629.1342
              Action Water Sports-Fenton
              8051 Old US 23
              Fenton, MI 48430
              www.actionwater.com

BRINGING FAMILIES TOGETHER

1984 MasterCraft Stars&Stripes. Fully restored-SOLD
              1994 MasterCraft PS190 LT-1 Slot

Comment

I'm getting the impeller on my ILMOR upgraded for free from my MC dealer this weekend.

Comment

Is there an Update for the impeller? Newer version? Mine was looking very bad after 50 houres.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibber View Post
                    Is there an Update for the impeller? Newer version? Mine was looking very bad after 50 houres.
                    Yes there is an updated impeller to hopefully last longer. Also there is an updated strainer also.
                    8051 Old US 23
                    Fenton, MI 48430
                    www.actionwater.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce-ActionWater View Post
                      Yes there is an updated impeller to hopefully last longer. Also there is an updated strainer also.
                      Where can we find more info on this?

Comment

Dealer. I'm having the impeller and sea strainer on my 2012 X2 upgraded at my dealer this week. Dropped off the boat yesterday. Call your dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by lentiman View Post
                          Dealer. I'm having the impeller and sea strainer on my 2012 X2 upgraded at my dealer this week. Dropped off the boat yesterday. Call your dealer.
                          What does the new strainer do? Didn't have problems on ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinten View Post
                            What does the new strainer do? Didn't have problems on ours.
                            Its does not allow the water in the system to drain out when put on a trailer or hoist. The currant strainer drains when the intake is not in the water. Sometimes when it drain air gets trapped in the system and causes the impeller to fail rather quickly
                            8051 Old US 23
                            Fenton, MI 48430
                            www.actionwater.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce-ActionWater View Post
                              Its does not allow the water in the system to drain out when put on a trailer or hoist. The currant strainer drains when the intake is not in the water. Sometimes when it drain air gets trapped in the system and causes the impeller to fail rather quickly
                              Ah ok, and because of that air the impeller runs a few seconds dry every time. Wich speeds up the wear on it If i'm correct.

Do the dealers have a service bulletin of it?

Comment

Working...
                              X