X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sheyski
    replied
    Originally posted by Ski-me View Post
    I think there is a picture in here (can't see at work)....

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...+filter&page=8
    Lots of pictures on that thread! I think I see the filter you are referring to though. Thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• sheyski
    replied
    Originally posted by mgs96ps View Post
    BTW...just curious. Are you running ethanol gas? Also referred to as deathanol. Not trying to start a gas debate...but I would recommend at least 91 octane and ethanol free.
    Yeah, my hubs is an automotive machinist and a purist He's seen the damage too often when repairing engines. We only use 91 octane in there.

Leave a comment:

• Ski-me
    replied
    I think there is a picture in here (can't see at work)....

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...+filter&page=8

Leave a comment:

• mgs96ps
    replied
    Last edited by mgs96ps; 05-09-2016, 07:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ski-me
    replied
    Originally posted by sheyski View Post
    Can you use any fuel pressure gauge? I'm assuming this is something I can pick up at O'Reilly's perhaps?
    Yes, I think so. You can remove the cap cover of the valve and take it in so you have the correct thread size to make the attachment. Tell them you are testing the fuel pressure.

I added an in-line filter at tank (I did not originally have one). I'll try and find a link for you.....

Leave a comment:

• sheyski
    replied
    The "rail" filter is on the back of the engine area, just past your fuel pump. After the filter, it goes into the fuel rail on each side. There is a shrader cap where you could tie in a fuel pressure gauge.
    Can you use any fuel pressure gauge? I'm assuming this is something I can pick up at O'Reilly's perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• sheyski
    replied
    See picture.
    Thanks for the image! That is always helpful

Leave a comment:

• sheyski
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
    Have u ever cleaned the fuel pump inlet screen?
    Probably not this year, but I think he did that in the past. I'll check and find out.

Leave a comment:

• sheyski
    replied
    My first guess would be the pump again. Do you have another inline filter at the gas tank, too? The first "filter" from the tank to the pump is the screen at bottom of pump. You might add an in-line filter at the tank and then pull the pump out and clean the intake screen.
    I know we have the first filter you mentioned. I'm not sure about an inline filter. Are you suggesting there might be a filter at the top of the tank on the same assembly?

Any pictures on this might be helpful so we can compare (if anyone has one).

Leave a comment:

• mgs96ps
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    Have u ever cleaned the fuel pump inlet screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Ski-me
    replied
    Originally posted by sheyski View Post
    Cooling issue is something we will be working on this week. We brought the boat home after our clinic this weekend so we can work on trailer and boat. He's anxious to reroute the hoses according to Mastercraft fix, and see if that helps. We'll also look at the hoses to make sure none are collapsing from the inside.

How do we determine the fuel pressure? That is not something my hubs knows how to do.

What does "the rail" mean? "I would put on new fuel filter (the one on the rail)?"

Shey
    The "rail" filter is on the back of the engine area, just past your fuel pump. After the filter, it goes into the fuel rail on each side. There is a shrader cap where you could tie in a fuel pressure gauge.

Leave a comment:

• Ski-me
    replied
    My first guess would be the pump again. Do you have another inline filter at the gas tank, too? The first "filter" from the tank to the pump is the screen at bottom of pump. You might add an in-line filter at the tank and then pull the pump out and clean the intake screen.

Leave a comment:

• sheyski
    replied
    BTW...did you fix your cooling issues. I would put on new fuel filter, ( the one on the rail), check to see if you have an in line filter on top of tank and replace that, check for clog in primary fuel pump inlet screen. After that maybe run some sea foam in tank. Maybe check fuel pressure at rail. Basically I would eliminate it being a fuel issue and then move to spark issues.
    Cooling issue is something we will be working on this week. We brought the boat home after our clinic this weekend so we can work on trailer and boat. He's anxious to reroute the hoses according to Mastercraft fix, and see if that helps. We'll also look at the hoses to make sure none are collapsing from the inside.

How do we determine the fuel pressure? That is not something my hubs knows how to do.

What does "the rail" mean? "I would put on new fuel filter (the one on the rail)?"

Shey

Leave a comment:

• mgs96ps
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X