X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amsoil 10w-30 zrod for flat tappet 351W

Sent from my Obama iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use rotella 15-40 in everything I own... Everything. I am a diesel mechanic by trade, and I have never seen an engine failure from using oil that was too thick. My 2 cents....

Comment

I use Valvoline VR1 Racing 10-30 and Wix filter #57099 in my LQ9 powered prostar.
        Mobile 1 is also a solid choice. I run it in my my truck due to its slightly higher thermal break dow characteristics. I have no hesitation of pulling 15,000lbs of truck and boat up the mountain in 115 degree heat with the AC blowing cold.
        My gearhead neighbor uses purilator filters. Also a solid choice.
        Stay away from Diesel oils due to their low film strength and avoid fram filters all together!!!!
        Here's what I base my opions on.

….On smart phones, “Q&A” CAN NOW BE ACCESSED BY CLICKING ON THE 3 HORIZONTAL BARS IN THE UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER…..******..With so many different Blog readers coming here…

Comment

PP 5-30 or M1 5-30 are both good choices

Comment

Originally posted by jgraham37128 View Post
            I use Penzoil 15W40 and a Penzoil P-52 filter. Exactly what Indmar recommends for their engines.

I'm not sure why anyone would use any other oil than what is recommended by the manufacture.
            Because the manufacturer gets kickbacks/free oil to say "this oil" is what we recommend.

As long as it meets the same specifications and standards you are fine!

I use amsoil because with the discount we get through the business it's about the same as any other synthetic oil.

Comment

I use whatever the dealer puts in it when they change the oil. Bam!

Comment

Rotella in the Boat, Mobil 1 in the cars.
                OH-IO!

Comment

Amsoil 15-40.

Comment

So I don't see the filter model listed anywhere in my Ilmor manual or on the mastercraft site. Does anyone have the ilmor 5.7 liter filter model?

Comment

Would there be any harm in taking your old filter out and bringing it to NAPA? If your going to change your oil anyways, its an easy way to figure out what you have

Comment

No foggy just reading the manuals and know my oils
                        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Gotcha! I just thought that maybe you had two boats these days!! I was gonna congratulate and look for pics!

...ok, back to regular programming...

Comment

Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
                            Gotcha! I just thought that maybe you had two boats these days!! I was gonna congratulate and look for pics!

...ok, back to regular programming...
                            I wish... lol
                            sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Rotella over the last 2 years on the 190 and now switched to Amsoil 15-40.

Comment

Amsoil 15W-40

Comment

Working...
                                X