LT1 or 351? Power Slot or 1:1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paco_06 View Post
    Powerslot is awesome, but in my opinion if you find a 1:1 in a boat you are looking for. Go for it. The new cnc props will definitely help and Eric at oj will be the one to talk to for your needs. All in saying is don't let it be a deal breaker, I've always had a slot, but am currently very pleased with my 93 1:1 boat! I also, like you, prefer carbs over efi and all the sensors that go with it!
    I've been holding off on a nice 85 that I found, because I was debating on the slot. I'll call Eric and talk to him. Thanks for the info. Do you like your 93 better than the 85 or are the wake differences minimal? I've always been a carb man. I love the tunability with a carb. I can work on either, but electronics can become a pain and expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRacer0125 View Post
      I've been holding off on a nice 85 that I found, because I was debating on the slot. I'll call Eric and talk to him. Thanks for the info. Do you like your 93 better than the 85 or are the wake differences minimal? I've always been a carb man. I love the tunability with a carb. I can work on either, but electronics can become a pain and expensive.
      Yes, I like the 93 better. But honestly, I've only skied behind it once. It's a 205, the wakes are about the same size, but the 93 is softer and not as much of a hump at 22off. All around as a watersports boat, you'll like a 91-93 a lot better!

Comment

I always thought Powerslot boats were slower and not the best choice if you are doing a lot of footing?
        Bailey
        '02 X-9
        Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinGA View Post
          I always thought Powerslot boats were slower and not the best choice if you are doing a lot of footing?
          That's a good question. My uncle owned an 87 with a slot, but I don't think that I've mentioned that. I wanted to compare apples to apples, because I know the hulls are different. Our 85 would destroy it out of the hole and run off from it. Ours had a Velvet 1:1.

Comment

Originally posted by paco_06 View Post
            Yes, I like the 93 better. But honestly, I've only skied behind it once. It's a 205, the wakes are about the same size, but the 93 is softer and not as much of a hump at 22off. All around as a watersports boat, you'll like a 91-93 a lot better!
            That seems to be the overall opinion and what I've been told. I just hate to lose the awesome nimble handling of the 85. Our 85 was unreal. Almost like a jet ski with a monster motor, lol.

Comment

Gear reduction every time. And go ahead and opt for more horsepower while you're at it.

Nothing wrong with lower powered 1:1 boats, but if you can have whatever you like, go nuts.
              Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

My 1990 Velvet Borg/Warn 1:1 on my Windsor has been very very reliable ..Probably just 8-900 Hours for Barefooting only... I can tell a difference in pulls out of the hole for sure between that and a slot... . Approaching 1100 Hours... Just lost the Damper Plate but from what I have researched looked like those should have been checked/changed 600 Hours ago.... Got a new plate on the way and going to put it in on a rainy weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by TLR67 View Post
                  My 1990 Velvet Borg/Warn 1:1 on my Windsor has been very very reliable ..Probably just 8-900 Hours for Barefooting only... I can tell a difference in pulls out of the hole for sure between that and a slot... . Approaching 1100 Hours... Just lost the Damper Plate but from what I have researched looked like those should have been checked/changed 600 Hours ago.... Got a new plate on the way and going to put it in on a rainy weekend...
                  So your 1:1 pulls harder to you, too. That's what I believe, too.

Comment

So your 1:1 pulls harder to you, too. That's what I believe, too.
                    That may have to do with engine tuning??? My old 85 with slot would outrun a 1:1 boat by three boat lengths to 25 mph, they would both even up around 35-40 mph then he would slowly pull away at top end.

Comment

But with all the carb destroying ethanol..wouldn't you prefer EFI?
                      2010 X-15
                      SOLD 1994 205
                      2011 Pathfinder
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
                      1 kid in college

Comment

Originally posted by sp00ky View Post
                        But with all the carb destroying ethanol..wouldn't you prefer EFI?
                        we can buy ethanol free gas here

Comment

Originally posted by curver900 View Post
                          we can buy ethanol free gas here
                          We can here, too!

Comment

Working...
                          X