tach needle jumping MCX 350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tach needle jumping MCX 350

Hi , I have some issues my tach needle is constantly "jumping" , did try spare tach gauge and same issue . On perfect pass when I put it on rpm mode on idle does not jump rpm , but if I try to wake board with perfect pass in rpm mode it will go up & down slightly making the riding not nice.

Engine runs smooth and constant on idle, no signs of misfire .

So am wondering where is the MDC getting the input for the rpm, is it ignition coil sender ? , alternator? , also which is the pin on MDC for rpm just to check voltage

my engine is 350 MCX 2005

thanks so much

MMDC troubleshoot guide.pdf

If it worked attached is an MMCD trouble shoot guide. If not send me your email

Comment

Are you the original owner? This happens on my boat... I know what it is but I dont have Perfect Pass so it doesnt matter... It happens when I run the blower...some kind of interference from some ones wiring.... anyway, Run a switched power line off the battery to the tach gauge for power(switchted so you can turn it off when the boats off) This would be for testing.. I would go from there, but that is what it is on my boat.
      Originally posted by ramzak
      ..... Its not the early 90's anymore! NOBODY Skis anymore!
      ...I ski

Comment

Thanks tommurtha , is very useful the doc
        I am third owner of the boat , it was already this needle issue . I do have perfect pass , but right now is not working well when using speed (paddle) so am going to be trying rpm mode this week end , but the rpm signal surges on gauge would also surge on perfect pass ? Are the both getting the rpm signal from the same source MDC ? so this week end am going to do some trouble shooting to try identify if gauge voltage , if is MDC issue or from rpm sender at the engine...
        thanks for the support

Comment

Working...
        X