Ignition issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition issue

Any idea why my ignition would suddenly stop working? I have a 2008 Indmar 6.0. It worked fine yesterday, this morning nothing when you turn the key.

Kill switch fine, in neutral, batteries charged, I can hear the fuel pump kick on each time I turn the key to On.

Could the throttle be out of alignment? Not going into neutral all the way?

Thank you.

could be the key switch... or the neutral safety switch - alignment of throttle or starter.. no clicks or anything?
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Nothing, no clicks. Could the starter go out like that with no warning?

Comment

Originally posted by tbowman View Post
        Nothing, no clicks. Could the starter go out like that with no warning?
        yes... getting 12 volts to the start pole? could also be starter relay
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Volt meter tells all...short out the kill switch then you know for sure!

Comment

Yeah that kill switch can cause a lot of problems. I wasted a lot of time looking at other parts only to find my kill switch was bad.
            Love my boat, hate my trailer.

Comment

I hear the fuel pump kick on when I put the kill switch in with key in On position. Doesn't that mean the kill switch is engaging?

Comment

do you know how to jump the kill switch?

Comment

No, how do you jump it? That will be good to know. Thanks.

Comment

If it ends up being the ignition switch..........I have them with 2 MC keys~~ [email protected] They do go out a lot, used to stock 6-8 at a time....what does that tell you !! LOL

Comment

Kill switch

On my 91 Prostar 190 there are two wires coming out of the back of the kill switch. You use a wire to touch where the connections of these two wires terminate. This bypasses the kill switch. Then try to start the engine. You have to take the dash out to get to the wires or crawl under the steering might do it. The best thing to do is cut the two wires coming out of the kill switch and twist them together with a wiring connector and eliminate the kill switch for good. It is really not needed unless you think you will fall out of your Mastercraft. You have to make sure your State does not require a kill switch first.

Originally posted by tbowman View Post
                      No, how do you jump it? That will be good to know. Thanks.
                      Love my boat, hate my trailer.

Comment

Damn! I should have done that to mine when I had the whole starboard side panel out last year!
                        Lake Dawg

Comment

i reached under and pulled it out there is a connector that goes to the switch I unplugged it and shorted that out.. then when i replaced the switch I just unplugged my handy work and plugged in the new switch...

I also had my ignition switch go kaplooee.. it just spun around.. I could make it work but it was a bit tricky... but got me home..

Comment

Working...
                          X