2006 X30 No spark, good fuel pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 X30 No spark, good fuel pressure

Tried to take the boat out for a cruise and would not start. I changed plugs, coil, ignition module, wires, and distributor, still nothing. Hooked up spark plug tester, no spark on all 8 cylinders. Checked the coil for spark, none.

I have fuel pressure, hooked up fuel pressure gauge to schrader valve, 60 psi.

Checked kill switch and all wires from batteries, everything is tight and connected.

What else can I try or look into?

Thanks, Skiman

Sounds like you've covered most of the bases. Check the three relays on the front of the engine? One is fuel, one is ignition and one is ECU. Since your fuel is priming at least two of the three should be good.

Comment

Fuel pump is my guess

Remove K&N air filter, open throttle and spray starting fluid in. If runs for 3-5 seconds you know it's the fuel pump. Mine just did the same about 2 months ago.

Good Luck!

Comment

Does the 2006 have a crank position sensor. That will create a no-spark condition.

Comment

Pretty certain there is no crank position sensor on this engine. Check the neural position switch on the front of the transmission too.

Comment

Hmm, really? The Computer must know where the pistons are. So I suppose there is een CPS in this engine too.
            Here a topic where you can find the Crank Position sensor in an 2003 MCX:
            http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=76994

Comment

I stand corrected. Thanks Gert.

Comment

Well, I'm not sure why there are wires running to that sensor. My 06 MCX X30 does not use it.
                -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Well still no luck with anything I have tried and your suggestions. Cranks but won't start. Have checked everything that o possibly can and still nothing. I checked the crank sensor with the ohm meter it's good and I have power to it. I called the mastercraft place and they said check the three fuses by the relays, I only have one. Could that be the problem?? I pushed it in but it feels like its reset. Could that fuse be bad? It's gonna be a bear getting it out of where it is. I took a picture and will try to upload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0581.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	2368723

Comment

Checking a crank sensor requires a lab scope to view wave forms. You could connect a volt meter and bump the engine over repeatedly looking for a 5volt reference signal. Not easy to explain via forum text. Check for some you tube videos on how to do this.

Comment

Roger that. I did have the wife turn the engine over when I had the voltmeter hooked up to it.

Comment

Unfortunately most electronic voltmeters will not switch fast enough to read.

There are usually additional fuses inside of some relay looking plugs around the computer.
                          1986 Marlin Magnum Skiier-sold
                          1999 Maristar 210VRS-weekend ride
                          1996 205 with LT1 cracked block-stitched back together

Comment

At this point I'd be looking for a code reader to see what the ECU says.

Comment

Originally posted by skiman66 View Post
                              [ATTACH]152548[/ATTACH]

You should have 3 fuses inside the connector in the picture. The red button is the main circuit breaker. If it was tripped you wouldn't be able to crank at all. Look at the post below it should help you find the fuses.

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=42197
                              99 MariStar 230 Sport LTR 330

Comment

Working...
                              X