Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owen.Nibley
    replied
    I ordered a -6AN hose for my conversion from the 4010 to the 4160. I also order the -6AN to 5/8-18 fittings. I didnt look close enough and I am missing the bigger fitt I ng that goes directly into the cast portion of the carb. I found that I needed a -6AN to 7/8-20.

My question to you guys now is what fitting do I need that goes into the carter 0-2208 fuel pump? Is it 5/8-18 or 9/16 ? Thats the last piece of the puzzle then I can replace the troublesome 4010.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• rt2439
    replied
    I replaced mine with the flexible line as well. Made it a simple job!

Leave a comment:

• stuartmcnair
    replied
    I did that as well. The AN fittings and braided stainless hose was quite simple.

Leave a comment:

• thatsmrmastercraft
    replied
    Originally posted by SWeaver View Post
    4010 swapped to 4160 fuel line

Nice upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SWeaver
    replied
    4010 swapped to 4160 fuel line
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SWeaver
    replied
    In case anyone wants to go with a flexible fuel line, the part numbers i used are two Russell 640380 fittings and 658520 24” fuel line. About $45 total shipped via amazon.

Leave a comment:

• leadsthebest
    replied
    I just did the same upgrade. I had to remove my oil filter to get the new 90* fitting into the fuel pump. So be prepared for that.

Now I do not have to pump my throttle any for the boat to fire right up.

Leave a comment:

• EGRAY
    replied
    I just did mine last winter and it was simple!! plug and play pretty much but had to adjust the throttle cable to get it to line up and attach with the new 4160. Best move I have made on my 93 205 for sure!! running like a champ now!! Good luck!!

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Originally posted by Jocassee-T View Post
    Thank you for the info. I don't have much experience working on the engine yet so any assistance is greatly appreciated. Trying to limit down time
    It's easy enough but knowing these small lessons learned will save you a lot of headache..especially setting the carb down onto the fuel line. Do not try and fit it into the fittings as the last step.

Attached Files
    Last edited by waterlogged882; 06-05-2017, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jocassee-T
    replied
    Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
    There will be no conversion. Your 4010 fuel line will go away and this single line will fit right up from the fuel pump to the 4160 inlet. It's fairly straight forward.

Thank you for the info. I don't have much experience working on the engine yet so any assistance is greatly appreciated. Trying to limit down time

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Thanks that seems much more reasonable. I will be able to use this to convert current dual feed fuel line Holley carb to the new single line for 4160 correct just to be sure?
    There will be no conversion. Your 4010 fuel line will go away and this single line will fit right up from the fuel pump to the 4160 inlet. It's fairly straight forward.

A word of consideration. if you put on a new pump, the bolts may be about 1/8" too short. You may need to go to the hardware store and get the next increment up in length. I just did one about three months ago. Also if you use a new pump, you can reuse the fittings however they tend to leak a little (on the pump end) if they do not fit perfectly tight in the right and dead-on configuration to match the alignment of the metal line. If you encounter that, I have a fix that works perfectly. Normal guaranteed sealant will not save you. Takes MarineTex (gray).

Leave a comment:

• Jocassee-T
    replied
    Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
    http://www.skidim.com/FUEL-LINE-PCM-...nfo/RA085002B/

This will fit the Indmar setup. Read up on their caveat. Can be used on Indmar Fords when replacing OEM fuel pump with PCM pump. Indmar OEM fuel line for 4160 is no longer available.

A word of caution if I may; when installing the carb and fuel line, set the fuel line into the pump first and snug it down. Then set the carb onto the fitting of the open-ended fuel line. Do not set the carb on first then then try and to fit the line into the fittings. You'll spring the line and risk cross threading. Then that is another fix. Read that again....

Get two new gaskets for the carb to spacer and the spacer to manifold while you are ordering. I'd likely install a new fuel pump to match the fuel line while you're at it. Especially if that is the OEM pump.

$0.02

Thanks that seems much more reasonable. I will be able to use this to convert current dual feed fuel line Holley carb to the new single line for 4160 correct just to be sure?

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    I am upgrading to the 4160 carb on my 1993 ford 351 and looking for best option on the fuel line modification needed. I checked with skidim and cost was 77.00 which seems a lot any opinions on other options?

Thanks

http://www.skidim.com/mobile/FLEXIBL...tinfo/DIMRPFL/
    http://www.skidim.com/FUEL-LINE-PCM-...nfo/RA085002B/

This will fit the Indmar setup. Read up on their caveat: Holley 4160 to OEM PCM Fuel Pump. Can be used on Indmar Fords when replacing OEM fuel pump with PCM pump. Indmar OEM fuel line for 4160 is no longer available.

A word of caution if I may; when installing the carb and fuel line, set the fuel line into the pump first and snug it down. Then set the carb onto the upper fuel line fitting. Do not set the carb on first then then try and to fit the line into the fittings on each end. You'll spring the line and risk cross threading. Then that is another fix. Read that again....

Get two new gaskets for the carb to spacer and the spacer to manifold while you are ordering. I'd likely install a new fuel pump while I was at it. Especially if that is the OEM pump.

$0.02

Last edited by waterlogged882; 06-05-2017, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jocassee-T
    started a topic 4160 upgrade

4160 upgrade

I am upgrading to the 4160 carb on my 1993 ford 351 and looking for best option on the fuel line modification needed. I checked with skidim and cost was 77.00 which seems a lot any opinions on other options?

Thanks

http://www.skidim.com/mobile/FLEXIBL...tinfo/DIMRPFL/
Working...
X