Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BallBushing
    replied
    If you get a new connector the green wire is not used. Just coil it up and set it aside. Used to be for anti static? but was discontinued according a product update by the engine mfgr.

Leave a comment:

• paintpollz
    replied
    Andre beat me to it. The thread below was just posted in the electrical forum, this person is having trouble with their fuel pump not priming.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=81180

Probably another connector issue for that person and it might be your issue as well. Although I'm not sure if that explains the whole rough running issue, maybe that was from the CPS. But then you ask the question, why would the CPS fail during winter storage??? SMH
    Last edited by paintpollz; 07-12-2017, 11:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• André
    replied
    Check this thread for bad fuel pump connector...
    Good luck! Hope you're back on the water soon!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...pump+connector

Leave a comment:

• j2shay
    replied
    Following this one as I have a 2000 ltr. Makes me nervous knowing you went from zero problems to this. I hope we can all learn and figure this one out.

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    The only thing that doesn't make sense is the fact that I didn't have spark until I replaced the crank sensors. Now I have spark but I'm guessing when I get home and hook up the fuel pressure gage I won't have fuel pressure. Hopefully I can find the bad connection. It's kind of intimidating with all the different parts and connections, but this forum and everyone on it is so helpful. I've learned a ton, and it's nice not paying someone to do it. Kevin, let me know if you want any pictures of anything, as that always helps me.

So far I've dealt with a bad knock sensor which yielded a running engine but a check engine light. I've also dealt with an incorrect fuel gage reading, which ended up being a bad ground.

Leave a comment:

• paintpollz
    replied
    Originally posted by Jcbrdnbrg88 View Post
    Thanks Kevin. Nightmare is the exact wording I'd use too. It's July 11th and I haven't had the boat out on the lake once yet this year. Prior to winterizing it at the end of last year I had zero issues all last summer. I have a hard time believing my crank sensors just randomly go bad over winter but maybe they did. I think I got it fixed by replacing them but now something else has gone awry, and I just don't understand it. I rented a fuel pressure gage at lunch so will be testing for fuel prwssure after work.
    I don't think your crank position sensors were bad. I Just like Cumminssj said, I think you have a bad electrical connection for the fuel delivery causing inconsistent fuel flow or none at all, which is why sometimes it will start and run great and other times it won't turn over at all. Something corroded somewhere that needs cleaning. On your last test you found out that you have spark when the engine won't fire, so that pretty much points to fuel issues since you've tested everything else.

You've done a great job getting your hands dirty with diagnosing everything. I'm sure you've learned a lot and at least you're not paying someone to do this for you. I can tell you that I'm learning a lot and I'm grateful for that! I have an 02 with the LTR so I could be next.......

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    Thanks Kevin. Nightmare is the exact wording I'd use too. It's July 11th and I haven't had the boat out on the lake once yet this year. Prior to winterizing it at the end of last year I had zero issues all last summer. I have a hard time believing my crank sensors just randomly go bad over winter but maybe they did. I think I got it fixed by replacing them but now something else has gone awry, and I just don't understand it. I rented a fuel pressure gage at lunch so will be testing for fuel prwssure after work.

Leave a comment:

• paintpollz
    replied
    what a nightmare. following this closely. hope this gets figured out soon OP

Leave a comment:

• Cumminscj
    replied
    It sounds like you lost fuel pressure. Possibly the pump wiring.sometimes the connector down at the pump goes bad, or gets corrosion in it.

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    After it died I checked the spark and the light was lighting up. I didn't have a fuel pressure gage but I guess I could have pressed in on the shrader valve on the fuel rail.
    Last edited by Jcbrdnbrg88; 07-11-2017, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cumminscj
    replied
    When it died did you have spark? Fuel pressure?

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    Adjusted the crank sensors for a better gap. Brought it to the lake and it fired right up. Seemed to idle rough at first but then settled in. Let it idle on the trailer for about 3 minutes and it died, and won't start now. What gives?

Leave a comment:

• Cumminscj
    replied
    Ran fine til the sensor melted and failed. I think I put about 4 hours on it before it failed. Beat thing to do is gap them and out it back together and see how it runs.

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    I pulled both of them out last night and I couldn't see any damage or anything on the lower sensor that had been touching the trigger wheel. The crankshaft couldn't have made too many revolutions, so do you think it's okay? I will mess around again tonight and see if I can't get the gap equal to a business card for both sensors. Did your engine run rough when it was like that?

Leave a comment:

• Cumminscj
    replied
    I was able to get both of mine correct but I had both bracket bolts loose. At this point the lesser of two evils would be to have one properly gapped and the other have a big gap. I think I posted a picture on this site of what happens when the gap is too small, but mine melted down after the dealer installed them against the wheel. Luckily I had saved the old ones and reinstalled them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X