Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g-Dog
    replied
    Just throwing this out there...but have you tried completely bypassing the safety lanyard switch? I've heard these sometimes go bad.

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    Pictures
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    Got the new circuit breaker installed and got the spark tester. Does it need to go to a cool or to a spark plug like I have it? Same deal, engine cranks but doesn't start. The spark tester is not lighting up when I crank it, but I clearly had fuel pressure yesterday. I tried swapping the crank sensor plugs too and no change.

Leave a comment:

• whiskeyriver
    replied
    I do not have a valve, I turn the water on then start the engine, when I'm done I kill the engine then turn the water off. If you use a valve at the fitting, get one with a full port. You want to feed it as much water as possible when it's running, anything above an idle will suck the garden hose flat.

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    whiskeyriver - do you leave the hose running all the time, even when the engine and impeller aren't running? Or do you have a valve in line there? Kinda tough to see

Leave a comment:

• whiskeyriver
    replied
    Like Cruising said, before the impeller. Not the best photo but here's what I do. Short piece of 1-1/4" hose on my garden hose adapter and connect the water hose directly to the raw water pump.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CruisinGA
    replied
    Generally before impeller. If you hook up after the impeller you have to remove the impeller or it will burn up from running dry. Buy a short section of 1-1/4" hose if you are having a hard time getting the hose off the intake grate.

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    Do you attach that to the rubber hose before the impeller or after the impeller? I tried to disconnect the rubber hose from the pickup grate to the impeller but it seems to be glued.

Leave a comment:

• bcd
    replied
    Here's a picture of my fittings

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    I can say it definitely is getting fuel now. The spark test light comes tomorrow along with my new circuit breaker. Wasn't able to get the hose components so still haven't tried to crank it yet. I have unplugged nearly all of the sensors and blew them out and reattached them, to include the crank sensors. Maybe this has fixed it in the mean time.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    Sweet, just ordered one and paid $4 extra to get it tomorrow. Now just need to find the fuel pressure tester.

Leave a comment:

• André
    replied
    Originally posted by Jcbrdnbrg88 View Post
    . What's the best way to determine if I have spark?
    Dirt cheap and works great!

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-20610-I.../dp/B0002STSC6

Leave a comment:

• bcd
    replied
    You can go to Lowes and get some fittings to connect a garden hose to a barbed hose end to hook onto your raw water intake hose. Just figure out what size intake hose you have (probably 1 1/4") and have the plumbing guy at Lowes put together your fittings. That will replace the fake a lake and let you test at home.

Also, my old boat (02) had a problem with the connections on the crank sensors. They were plugged in, but must have had some corrosion. Try taking them off and cleaning them.

Leave a comment:

• Jcbrdnbrg88
    replied
    The new circuit breaker is coming from amazon tomorrow. I will try and rent a fuel pressur eggs from the parts store after work today. What's the best way to determine if I have spark?

Leave a comment:

• Cumminscj
    replied
    This would be a lot easier to narrow down if you were able to tell us if it has spark and what the fuel pressure is. Without that information it is hard to get a good picture of exactly what is going on. Of course if you have any information on what the mechanics did when they diagnosed it as the ecm that would be helpful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X