X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Good luck on your build.

If anyone else felt like I was beating them up because they thought carb was a better solution then EFI, tough ****!!!

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRacer0125
    replied
    Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
    Let me get this straight.

You make ridiculous claims about EFI, question my knowledge, find out otherwise, make more ridiculous unsupported claims, try to run the passive aggressive behavior that you were just joking once you got schooled and then some how thought sending me a friend request was a good idea? It's like picking a fight at school and then getting the crap beat out of you and now you want to be their friend.

lol Now it's I was just trying to get under your skin because I'm a BAMA fan?

Pathetic

Same thing every six months or so. Your eRep is larger then life now.

I believe you can cash in your status chips at wakeworld...
    I'm obviously not the one who got his biscuits burnt. I tried to make nice and you just keep showing you're truly a BAMA die hard. You've tried to beat up on everyone that didn't agree with you in this thread that I started. If you didn't like it, then just leave it. I did disagree with several people, but I can agree to disagree and still be their friend. Get my first claim right though in that carbs are superior to "TBI". Anyone with engine knowledge knows TBI is not much count and that's why we now have "EFI" through direct injection. I wasn't schooled on anything and you're more like the bully at school that tries to beat up the nerd that knows what he's talking about. If you want the truth, your motor figures are seriously weak. I actually meant that when I said it. A standard 350 can easily be built to make higher HP and close numbers on the torque with ease. I even have a semi built 318 with higher HP numbers and good torque numbers. It has eat up many bowties and the tears always start to roll. If I built it to a 390 stroker, it would really hurt some feelings. My "eRep" , as you call it, is actually ok. You must really have gotten hot to be looking at all that I write and do. You seem to be the only one with a problem here. I'm pathetic, because I try to a real man and be cool with you? Yeah, we all see who's being pathetic about the issue.

Leave a comment:

• 03 35th Anniversary
    replied
    You're just not gonna let this Wakeworld thing go are you?

You make ridiculous claims about EFI, question my knowledge, find out otherwise, make more ridiculous unsupported claims, try to run the passive aggressive behavior that you were just joking once you got schooled and then some how thought sending me a friend request was a good idea? It's like picking a fight at school and then getting the crap beat out of you and now you want to be their friend.

Pathetic

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    if you're a tuner - customizer and have the $$$ - appears EFI wins on the perf... you can win with the chicks - just dress up the EFI kit a bit

for the average joe or weekend wrencher - EFI all the way.. having the ECU make the adjustment way to easy.. been in too many boats where hesitation and bogging was way to random - except of course in Mrmastercraft's boat --- just my opinion....

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Originally posted by SpeedRacer0125 View Post
    I don't necessarily enjoy it, but I got a laugh out of it. I mean come on, I saw that you're a BAMA fan and I really had to get under your skin. It was all in fun and no offense meant with it. My Mom always told me to act my age and not my shoe size. Well here I am 11 years old trapped in a 30 year old body, lol. I seriously meant it in a playful manner. I'm good on going to wakeworld....No thanks on that. Besides....Why not stay here an pester a BAMA fan....Just joking!

Pathetic

Last edited by CantRepeat; 07-21-2017, 12:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRacer0125
    replied
    Well, if that is what you enjoy then might I suggest you take your immature passive aggressive behavior over to wakeworld. They really enjoy that kind of stuff.
    I don't necessarily enjoy it, but I got a laugh out of it. I mean come on, I saw that you're a BAMA fan and I really had to get under your skin. It was all in fun and no offense meant with it. My Mom always told me to act my age and not my shoe size. Well here I am 11 years old trapped in a 30 year old body, lol. I seriously meant it in a playful manner. I'm good on going to wakeworld....No thanks on that. Besides....Why not stay here an pester a BAMA fan....Just joking!

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRacer0125
    replied
    Originally posted by Roman View Post
    Yes in theory but a carb with the plates closed its still pulling some air through the carb right? In a power-sports applications I agree this is not an issue really.

EFI not running right because a parameter is off is equivalent to the jetting being off somewhere in the carb. Not a fair comparison. Lots of people dont have their carbs tuned properly. I doubt mine is optimal, because outside of the vacuum guage tuning and looking at the plugs, without a wide-band I dont know how else to adjust

Sensors breaking/skewing is a pain yes. At the OEM level we can deal with some sensors not running as everything is cross checked/calculated with other sensors, and someone calculated theoretical values that we use instead, or cross check against to declare a sensor failure. But really how many sensors do you really need? At the level mega squirt is at and other off the shelf EFI systems, the sensors ARE needed to make sure things are running properly. So if your sensor is shifted due to production tolerance, you do have to re-calibrate things I guess. But at the same time, If you are running something like an LSX, your ignition has to be electronic regardless and you will be running multiple sensors, even with a carb. Its all give and take.

Its fine to like something that is purely mechanical, but your efficiency is naturally capped lower. Easier to diagnose...sure, if you are familiar with carbs and distributors.

You just sound like someone who likes a purely mechanical system. Nothing wrong with that!

Goodluck with your project though! I still think you should just throw another 350 in there and get on the water. You are killing resale otherwise!
    You're really spot on in your assumption. It's a tedious process that is somewhat like tuning fuel injection. Simplistic is always been better in my book. I just prefer mechanical over electronic. It's definitely a give and take with both. The boat turned out to be terrible and not worth it at all though. I could write a list of the problems that I saw. It's not the boat in the pics and you'd have more in it than buying a running one and doing a motor swap. I have a friend of my cousin that has a 92 205 that's been shop kept. It's an excellent boat, so I'm going that way. I'm going to ski with it and then take it on as a winter project with the motor swap. It has a 351 carbed. I'm shooting for 300+hp out of a 340 or 360 for it. It should be simple with the right combo. I don't completely hate fuel injection, but I prefer carbs. Thanks for the info and support. I do appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRacer0125
    replied
    I saw that boat and would've bought it. He never answered my IM. That would be a mean tug!

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    I'm really wanting to do a swap and will keep everyone updated. I just really like the cool factor of it. I want to apologize to everyone, because I honestly love to burn people's biscuits for fun. I know, as I stated in the above comment, that we all have knowledge in our own areas. I just wanted to stir up some people. I respect y'all and your comments. Y'all have a blessed day and I'm sorry it got so heated! We're all brothers and sisters on here and that wasn't cool. Thanks to everyone for your info.
    Well, if that is what you enjoy then might I suggest you take your immature passive aggressive behavior over to wakeworld. They really enjoy that kind of stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Roman
    replied
    On one point you made....The fuel is cut off when you cut the vacuum by letting off the throttle. There are ways regardless what we are taught to make a carb run really great.

EFI only runs well when all the electronic systems are working properly. If one parameter is wrong or a sensor in the complex system quits functioning properly, you have chaos. All systems have their draw backs and opinions are different on both. What you're saying is like saying that a robot is better than a human. Electronics have there limitations and create big $$$ problems for nothing. The robot is great for what it is, but it's electronics can meet a limit. I hope that I don't sound like I don't think you know what you're talking about, because I know that you do. I understand what you're saying and agree with a lot of it.

Lol, I'm actually that guy that does bring all that with me.

I'm going to do it and enjoy things like this. I love a challenge and think it'd be unique. I love engines and everything about them. Thanks for your info!
    Yes in theory but a carb with the plates closed its still pulling some air through the carb right? In a power-sports applications I agree this is not an issue really.

EFI not running right because a parameter is off is equivalent to the jetting being off somewhere in the carb. Not a fair comparison. Lots of people dont have their carbs tuned properly. I doubt mine is optimal, because outside of the vacuum guage tuning and looking at the plugs, without a wide-band I dont know how else to adjust

Sensors breaking/skewing is a pain yes. At the OEM level we can deal with some sensors not running as everything is cross checked/calculated with other sensors, and someone calculated theoretical values that we use instead, or cross check against to declare a sensor failure. But really how many sensors do you really need? At the level mega squirt is at and other off the shelf EFI systems, the sensors ARE needed to make sure things are running properly. So if your sensor is shifted due to production tolerance, you do have to re-calibrate things I guess. But at the same time, If you are running something like an LSX, your ignition has to be electronic regardless and you will be running multiple sensors, even with a carb. Its all give and take.

Its fine to like something that is purely mechanical, but your efficiency is naturally capped lower. Easier to diagnose...sure, if you are familiar with carbs and distributors.

You just sound like someone who likes a purely mechanical system. Nothing wrong with that!

Goodluck with your project though! I still think you should just throw another 350 in there and get on the water. You are killing resale otherwise!

Leave a comment:

• Atver300
    replied
    Put an LS engine in it. > end thread

Leave a comment:

• Spork
    replied
    https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=74411
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRacer0125
    replied
    I'm really wanting to do a swap and will keep everyone updated. I just really like the cool factor of it. I want to apologize to everyone, because I honestly love to burn people's biscuits for fun. I know, as I stated in the above comment, that we all have knowledge in our own areas. I just wanted to stir up some people. I respect y'all and your comments. Y'all have a blessed day and I'm sorry it got so heated! We're all brothers and sisters on here and that wasn't cool. Thanks to everyone for your info.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRacer0125
    replied
    LB/HR and they are 80 lb injectors and I run them at 18 psi. There used to be a set of HO SBC injectors that were 65 lbs that went in cop cars that are no longer made. The other choice were factory SBC that flowed even less then the BBC injectors.

There's a ton of tuning that goes into a custom tune and a lot that you can do with an ECM.

Good luck on your project. Let us know if we can help.
    See you do know what you're talking about and I got it out of you. I really know a lot and can tell when someone is knowledgeable. I understand both EFI and carbs. I seriously have a dual degree in programming and electronics tech. I just like to stir people up and get them to show it. I know that's terrible, but it's fun. I'll keep you updated and thanks for being a cool dude!

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRacer0125
    replied
    Originally posted by jsturvey View Post
    Hey OP, look. I am not a Mopar fan at all. The only one I'd even consider owning would have a Cummins under the hood. That having been said, I like your idea. Putting a Mopar engine in a prostar is a unique idea, and I like unique. Forget the argument about making financial sense. Case and point...there's a well known group of guys on here that retrofitted and installed a GMC Duramax Diesel into a X80. It generated a lot of excitement and enthusiasm on this forum. It was/is a seriously cool project. However the only financial sense that I see it made for them is the promotional write off for their business. What you're proposing, at least to me, isn't much different. So, I say go for it; create a tread, post pics, and I'll even subscribe to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's really not much more to it than replacing the 350 TBI price wise. I understand that a lot will frown upon it and some will like it. Heck, I'd even say let's drop a Hemi in it, if I liked EFI. I never said that it'd be stock either for all the guys arguing with me on here. That X80 was a cool idea and I like it. A diesel makes anything fun, haha! I'll definitely do a thread and keep you in mind. Thanks for the positivity and support!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X