Fuel Module Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Module Question

Curious... is there anything inside the module besides the pump that could go bad?

Replaced the pump in my 02 Xstar (310tbi) and I am still having issues. This weekend boat had a difficult time starting. Had to put in neutral and bring to 1500 RPMs while cranking to get it to start. At idle it would act like it was chocking for fuel but once at 1500 RPMs it ran fine.

Boat did the same thing about two months ago at Norris after being trailer for several 100 miles and thought it was either bad fuel or a loose connection. Once I wiggled the connections and got some fresh fuel it was fine until this past weekend.

Part of me says just buy a new fuel module, but hate to spend the money on it and have the same issues if there isn't anything more to them.

Thoughts...

what's your fuel pressure at? most likely the pump - the pressure regulator is a low failure item.
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
      what's your fuel pressure at? most likely the pump - the pressure regulator is a low failure item.
      Didn't have a gauge to check. I replaced the pump no more than 15 hours ago.

Comment

possible you maybe losing pressure - did you use and sealer on the hose connections in module?
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
          possible you maybe losing pressure - did you use and sealer on the hose connections in module?
          No I didn't.

I did find this thread... JimN outlines another possibility for someone with similar issues.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ferrerid=43933

Comment

Well as it turns out it had nothing to do with the fuel module. The perfect pass servo motor cable (more like a string) was slipping and spun the wrong direction. This caused the flaps in the throttle body to stay closed until the cable was pulled tight by throttling down, hence the choking for fuel at idle. Once the cable was re wrapped around the knob the correct way all is working and she starts right up! Glad I didn't drop the coin on a new fuel module!

Comment

Working...
            X