Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: Service Required

2011 X14V

We've been getting an occasional "Warning Service Required" alert on the VDIG. Only happens when using Perfect Pass and running at constant RPM (~3800) for several minutes, like when skiing. Doesn't come on when we're just cruising around and varying the speed. Engine seems to be running fine. Oil pressure good. Temp good. We're 300 miles form the dealership. What kind of things trigger this warning?
    Attached Files

This can literally be any warning from the ECM. If you can't go into the menu and pull the actual service codes that are triggering this light, then you might need to invest in a code reader with the right connection type. Others who have owned boats with VDIG will chime in and tell us how to do this. Tim (CantRepeat) has a lot of knowledge about this.

Comment

Reset your oil change reminder. Probably not the cause but worth resetting. Keep an eye on your temp and volts. Sounds like it may be getting warm, when was your last impeller change?
      2014 x46

Comment

Originally posted by Mastar View Post
        Reset your oil change reminder. Probably not the cause but worth resetting. Keep an eye on your temp and volts. Sounds like it may be getting warm, when was your last impeller change?
        Already reset the oil change reminder. I watch the temp and it's always 160ish. Haven't been watching the volts. I don't know then the impeller was last changed. I bought the boat used last fall.

Comment

It’s probably not the cause, but you should change the impeller since you don’t know when it was last done. Most folks change them at least every other year (and remove over the winter) and many change every year.
          Bailey
          '02 X-9
          Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinGA View Post
            It’s probably not the cause, but you should change the impeller since you don’t know when it was last done. Most folks change them at least every other year (and remove over the winter) and many change every year.
            +1 to every year here. It usually works out to being about every 100 hours but this year it will be closer 125.
            2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

Working...
            X