2006 MCX Crank Position Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 MCX Crank Position Sensor

I have a 2006 XStar with the 350 MCX Vortec that has been throwing the Crank Position Sensor code for 3 months. I was told by my mechanic it could be replaced with a sensor from autozone as opposed to spending $230 from Mastercraft. Replaced the sensor but still get s check engine light and alarm almost as soon as i put the boat in gear, it runs fine in neutral. Last go round at the river it threw the code and we plugged a diagnostic tool in and cleared it, i immediately brought the boat home and sent the computer to be tested and the same Crank Position Sensor code was still on the computer. Anyone had this problem as well?

You have to set the timing. Using diacomm and above 1,200 RPM's twist the distributor until the cam angle is 705
    www.nwboatsports.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

Is that something i can do? And is that done on the computer or on the engine itself? I had the computer sent and tested at OBD Diagnostics and he cleared the codes.

Comment

You gotta have diacomm software program, plug the ecm into diacomm. Also, did you check the connection at the crank position sensor. It's pretty low in the bilge so it's prone to water and oil which can make the connection less than desirable.
        www.nwboatsports.com

Comment

If the timing is off you can get a lot of random codes. Crank Position Sensor being one of them..
          www.nwboatsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by sand2snow22 View Post
            You gotta have diacomm software program, plug the ecm into diacomm. Also, did you check the connection at the crank position sensor. It's pretty low in the bilge so it's prone to water and oil which can make the connection less than desirable.
            I looked at the connection pretty good, but it could be faulty wiring as well. I attached a picture of the sensor
            Attached Files

Comment

Do you have the autozone part number for what you bought?

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                Do you have the autozone part number for what you bought?
                Yes it was a Delphi Sensor part #SS10125

Comment

Originally posted by lukejackson1 View Post
                  Yes it was a Delphi Sensor part #SS10125

$48 and change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X