Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gwozhog
    replied
    My boat ran like a dream today. Wish I knew which part was bad but they were all old and needed to be replaced anyway

Leave a comment:

• gwozhog
    replied
    Thanks for updating. Hopefully one of the handful of parts I ordered solves my problem.

Leave a comment:

• redac7
    replied
    My issue ended up being a lose knock sensor so I got lucky.

Leave a comment:

• gwozhog
    replied
    Man I wish this thread had closure because my 05x2 is doing the exact same thing this past weekend. When I load up with 3500 pounds of ballast and surf my alarm trips. Also smell fuel when I come down to neutral. I just ordered new plugs, distributor, rotor, water temp sensor, Knock sensor, and Map sensor. I have a feeling though its the Map sensor because it was pretty gummed up when I removed it. Will update in a week after parts arrive.

Leave a comment:

• Tom023
    replied
    I had a very similar problem and it was a bad knock sensor located in the port side engine block drain hole.

Leave a comment:

• CrashCourse316
    replied
    Based on everything I have looked up and seen I would start at the TAC sensor, It's somewhere on near your ECM. All the codes are directly related to it so hopefully you have a single part replacement fix. See the below and let us know how it goes

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...7&d=1338229809
    Check out this document. to a ctrl+f on DTC 81. cycle through the finds on DTC 81 and you come to your two troubleshooting guides on
    * Fuel Injector Driver A
    *Fuel Injector Driver B

Also this is a great thread I found in my search previously posted here with a lot of info. I suggest reading through the whole thing.

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...t=61320&page=2

Leave a comment:

• redac7
    replied
    I found a guy who can pull the codes, these are the codes from the check engine alarm
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CrashCourse316
    replied
    Originally posted by redac7 View Post
    Oh wow, nice find!

Since this is the first time this happened to me with this boat and I just got the boat last year I do have a question about the check engine alarm. Since the alarm doesn't go off until certain situations as described above, is the code still permanently stored? I don't keep the boat at my house unfortunately so I'll have to look the next time I'm with the boat but do I also have a check engine light? If so whats the difference? Thanks for the help.
    I would say fix one item at a time. The "BAD" issue could be bad grounding related which could pop bad voltage alarms and cause a check engine. Not 100% sure but it might happen.Try and figure out the wiring for the depth sensor and see if you can't fix it. might just be a loose wire. I would start at the known issue and go from there. Make sure you have plenty of beer on standby for when you think you fix it but it's still broke....

A check engine light usually looks like a red round light...its super obvious if you have one...its on or off so if you didn't notice a big red light on your dash with a check engine label(it also might be a normal light up engine icon on the gauge like a car sometimes). then you might not have the light, It probably just assumes you'll see the gauge messages for the alerts.

I'm not 100% sure about code permanency. but some codes stick and some don't. The alarm I don't think should ever stick unless the sensors are telling it to actively alert. Take the temp sensor for example. when over temp it goes off, as soon as at normal temp is stops, no resets required. On cars the check engine light will go on for a few days until the system decides its no longer an issue (unless you manually reset) boats I'm not sure about since they don't go by normal vehicle standards

Leave a comment:

• redac7
    replied
    Oh wow, nice find!

Since this is the first time this happened to me with this boat and I just got the boat last year I do have a question about the check engine alarm. Since the alarm doesn't go off until certain situations as described above, is the code still permanently stored? I don't keep the boat at my house unfortunately so I'll have to look the next time I'm with the boat but do I also have a check engine light? If so whats the difference? Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• CrashCourse316
    replied
    https://dealerlink.mastercraft.com/a...ual/gauges.pdf

do a CTRL+F on "BAD" and you get this..I owe this find to my google search mastery over the years. Also see the page after that for the version with the gauge that has a lowrance GPS attached if you have that
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CrashCourse316; 05-06-2019, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• redac7
    replied
    i think we clicked submit reply at the same time

depth transducer going bad makes sense because it has just recently started to go in and out.

Leave a comment:

• 88 PS190
    replied
    Hey didn't see second page -

That might be your depth transducer going bad - telling you the depth is shallow.

Leave a comment:

• 88 PS190
    replied
    Originally posted by CrashCourse316 View Post
    Another thought, did you check your transmission oil level lately? Trans oil overheat might cause the alarm as well. If low or maybe bad flow through the heat exchanger you might be getting a high temp on it under the higher load.

was it just an alarm or did the check engine light (if you have one)come on as well?

Here is the Indmar manual Assuming it's the indmar engine, fliping through it might give you an idea.
    https://indmar.wpengine.com/wp-conte...ors-Manual.pdf

I'd wager trans cooler partly plugged at the strainer. Could be low fluid but if you're on plane so long as their is enough at the pick up you shouldn't have that issue - the left turn would be suspicious for it.

When loaded and not flowing as much water you are getting the alarm, when less loaded and or going faster you're flowing more water.

A partial obstruction will usually flow enough for the engine which is usually bypassing a lot of water through the manifolds.

Leave a comment:

• redac7
    replied
    I haven’t checked the transmission fluid yet this season, it did get switched out last year. I will check that. It is a beeping alarm coming from the dash. Also on the RPM gauge I see BAD displayed when turning off the engine but nothing else displays after BAD, seems kind of strange
    Attached Files
    Last edited by redac7; 05-06-2019, 04:36 PM. Reason: Forgot some text

Leave a comment:

• CrashCourse316
    replied
    Another thought, did you check your transmission oil level lately? Trans oil overheat might cause the alarm as well. If low or maybe bad flow through the heat exchanger you might be getting a high temp on it under the higher load.

was it just an alarm or did the check engine light (if you have one)come on as well?

Here is the Indmar manual Assuming it's the indmar engine, fliping through it might give you an idea.
    https://indmar.wpengine.com/wp-conte...ors-Manual.pdf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X