X-Star Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Star Prop

Currently have an OJ 812 (14.75 x 15.75) on my X- Star (2004, LQ9 6.0L, 385 HP).

It was damaged after hitting a stump, so I’m looking at replacement options. The prop has been great in the 4 years I’ve run it (standard ballast, wakeboard 30% of the time). Night and Day difference from the 14x20 that the previous owner had on it. Hole shot is strong, max speed with a light load is 40.

Looking to see what the equivalent would be in an Acme. Anyone out there had an experience with a 2061, 1285, or 1479? Running at sea level.

Is an Acme any better than an OJ?

I’d run a 15x13 or a 15x14 I’ve had both and they will do amazing things

Comment

All of the manufacturers suggestions keep the prop at a maximum of 14.75 diameter. You have no problem with a 15”?

Comment

Originally posted by Benzick View Post
        All of the manufacturers suggestions keep the prop at a maximum of 14.75 diameter. You have no problem with a 15”?
        Zero problem with a 15

No idea why they are saying that. I’ve ran 15” props on my last two stars with zero issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Benzick View Post
          Really not sure where you heard that but it’s simply not true. Also been running a 15x13 on my mcx star for years and it’s performed very well

Comment

ditto on the 15". For me it took my mcx from being a slug that always felt like the prop was slipping, to a solid holeshot. I run the OJ WAKEPRO V -3 #845, 15 X 13. It'll handle 5k lbs of ballast plus 6 to 8 ppl. If you run stock ballast I'm thinking the WAKEPRO V -3 part #815, 14.75 X 14.5 would be more than enough prop though.
            2006 MasterCraft XStar
            2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
            2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

Is there a computer simulation program that you can input different prop measurements into and see all the variables like speed vs rpm for a given size?

Comment

Working...
              X