1993 Prostar 205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Prostar 205

Good morning. We became proud owners of a Prostar 205 yesterday. We bought it from the original owner. The boat is in terrific shape both mechanically and aesthetically considering its age. I wanted to ask some opinions on how best to maintain the engine. We live in FL and the boat will be garage kept. I appreciate the help.

Originally posted by ButlerChain View Post
    Good morning. We became proud owners of a Prostar 205 yesterday. We bought it from the original owner. The boat is in terrific shape both mechanically and aesthetically considering its age. I wanted to ask some opinions on how best to maintain the engine. We live in FL and the boat will be garage kept. I appreciate the help.
    Fresh water only. No brackish or salt is the first thing I would recommend for a coastal state boat. Lots of information here with the search feature. Read a lot and learn a lot.

What I will say is that your 93 has the 351W engine unless you found the LT-1 Chevrolet engine. The 351W is bullet-proof.

Last edited by waterlogged882; 06-28-2020, 08:35 AM.
    93 190
    (safe click)

Comment

We need pictures!!!!!!

Comment

High zinc oil, dino or synth, change impeller every year, inspect risers and exhaust hoses... i will need gasket replacements. Check plugs, cap and rotor

Check prop shaft alignment

Inspect bearings on trailers and make sure trailer brakes working.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

the best way to maintain it is to go out and use it

Comment

Change oil, filter, and transmission fluid yearly. Change impeller yearly. Every 100 hours have mechanic change plugs and distributor cap. Also change fuel filter at a hundred hours. Never use fuel with ethanol. That is what I have done with my 96 MC 190. Still runs like new

Comment

My starting point for maintaining my 94 ProStar 190 is the owner's manual. Much, but not all, is in there. I don't know if an owner's manual for your boat is available, but perhaps the manual for the 93 Maristar downloadable at the link below would cover your boat pretty well. Others who own a 93 would know better than I.

Mastercraft Manuals
              1994 ProStar 190, 350 TBI, 1:1, ACME 541, PTM Edge VR-140

Comment

Originally posted by lake weir skier View Post
                My starting point for maintaining my 94 ProStar 190 is the owner's manual. Much, but not all, is in there. I don't know if an owner's manual for your boat is available, but perhaps the manual for the 93 Maristar downloadable at the link below would cover your boat pretty well. Others who own a 93 would know better than I.

Mastercraft Manuals
                This is good advice. If your 1993 Prostar 205 has a 351, the 91 ProStar manual will cover it. If it has the LT1, the 94 ProStar manual will cover it. Both contain good information.

Comment

Thank you all for your help. It does have the 351W engine. It has been maintained very well by the original owner. I hope to carry on the tradition using all of the advice you have all given. Is there an easier way to post pictures on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by ButlerChain View Post
                    Thank you all for your help. It does have the 351W engine. It has been maintained very well by the original owner. I hope to carry on the tradition using all of the advice you have all given. Is there an easier way to post pictures on this forum?
                    Scroll down below where you post your text. There is an attachment manager there.

93 190
                    (safe click)

Comment

Working...
                    X