2013 X30 Fuel pump issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 X30 Fuel pump issue.

Hello I am unable to get my boat to fire up.
    When I turn it on I do not hear the fuel pump prime.
    I have replaced the actual pump portion as a first step thinking this was the issue with no change.

I checked voltages, when I turn the key I do get 12/14 volts for a short period of time on the wires. When i plug them into the fuel pump I am not seeing the voltage spike perhaps I am not getting the leads in there well enough but I filled around with it quite a bit.
    I have ohm'd out the cables and they all check out. I am wondering why I get voltage with no load and dont with a load that seems strange.

After 6 hours with my head down by the gas tank I had to take my woozy headed self out of the situation. Is there anything else I can check here upstream that may cause it not to fire up under load? I truly feel I have ruled out the fuel pump and wiring.

Thanks in advance!

Check fuel pump relay in black box on top of engine, there are fuses and relays there. Pull out relay and look at contacts and if burned up could be your problem.

Screen coming on ok?

Comment

Everything appears ok, screen comes up, I swapped the relay with other relays with no luck. What I find strange is I am getting 12v there for 2 seconds or so...

Comment

It is supposed to prime for 2s and then waits for startup

Comment

Yea its not priming.. new pump.

Comment

Have seen issues on forums about connector on pump for wiring harness having poor connection or burned up.

You said wire harness checked out ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Limpkin View Post
              Yea its not priming.. new pump.

JimN would say make sure it’s not a grounding issue [emoji3]

Comment

Having just changed my fuel pump this last week: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=105424
                I found that after pump replacement I had to make sure the fuel system was completely primed or the 1-2 seconds won't provide any pressure. To do this I put fuel in the basket (where the in tank pump is) and hot wired the pump until I got gas coming out of the shrader valve (press with a screwdriver). I couldn't hear pump running very well since its inside tank and its not that loud. If the pump is actually working you I bet you could turn ignition on/off a bunch of times and bleed air out of shrader valve to primer. Not sure if this will help you, but it was my path.

Comment

I appreciste the reply the pump is just not running.I tried to run it outside of the bost with no luck. I wonder if its an amperage issue because under load the leads have no voltage. I just have no idea where to check but the fuse in the fuseblock and the relay.

Comment

The old fuel pump fires right up when it is attached direct to battery. There is something in the power system that causes it to lose voltage when a pump is attached. I don’t know how to best check ground.

Comment

So when I measure across the fuse block it gives me 12v as soon as I hook up a fuel pump it measures 0 so it’s not pushing any amperage. Any thoughts on what’s before the fuse block that can cause this? Any places I can check/measure?

Comment

Working...
                      X