'02 Prostar197 high oil pressure/knocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '02 Prostar197 high oil pressure/knocking

I have a '02 Prostar 197 with a 350 Indmar. 1st time I had boat out earlier this summer it developed a knocked noise under power, plus high oil pressure at about 180 psi. It had fresh oil in it from last winterization. After less than 2 hrs of run time the oil was burnt. I put fresh oil/filter in it after that first use, and its been much better. But it didnt take long for the oil to burn again. Engine hasn't been starting as well as normal. otherwise it's ran good. no power loss. just the oil burning fast, the knocking noise, and high oil pressure. any suggestions?
    2002 Prostar 197, Monteray Blue, Perfect Pass, Zero Flex Tower w/ Speakers & Lights, Bimini, Amp/Sub, Transom remote

can't say I had all those symptoms (no black oil but was burning oil) and it was a blown head gasket between cylinders 4&6 from exhaust riser seal failing. See my thread on everything I did:https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=102290 My engine was same vintage and the risers will be the same. Do a quick compression check and see.
    sigpic
    Kamloops Waterski Club
    www.kwsc.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by KWSC View Post
      can't say I had all those symptoms (no black oil but was burning oil) and it was a blown head gasket between cylinders 4&6 from exhaust riser seal failing. See my thread on everything I did:https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=102290 My engine was same vintage and the risers will be the same. Do a quick compression check and see.
      Another great reminder for me to replace these gaskets at the end of the season.
      Kevin

Comment

agree - cheap insurance against a lot of work (or money if you pay someone)...
        sigpic
        Kamloops Waterski Club
        www.kwsc.weebly.com

Comment

thank you. I'll give this info to my mechanic to see if any if these could be the culprit
          2002 Prostar 197, Monteray Blue, Perfect Pass, Zero Flex Tower w/ Speakers & Lights, Bimini, Amp/Sub, Transom remote

Comment

Working...
          X