Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone replacing their fuel filter on a regular basis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone replacing their fuel filter on a regular basis?

Does anyone replace their in tank fuel filter on a regular basis? I have a 2006 X15, so I have the round filter at the bottom of the fuel module. I replaced mine about 5 seasons ago, then the fuel pump went out the next season. Always wondered if there was some connection between replacing the filter and then having the pump go out. All in all, I have about 250 hours on the fuel filter.

Knock on wood, things are running fine, so I am half scared to mess with it. Pulling that module out is a pain and there is always a chance of damaging a hose, wire, or connector. I never go below 3/4 of a tank and always buy my non-ethanol gas from the same local station. The filter has a bypass hose anyway, so I just wonder if replacing the fuel filter is really worth it.

Thoughts???
    We defy the mafia!

I have a 1996 MC190. I have the mechanic at the dealership change it every 100 hours. Never a problem. Boat has 750+/- hours.

Comment

Planning on replacing the Pump and Filter at the end of this season, which will be at about 475 hours, and 5 full season.s
      2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

coincidence on the first filter change.. I would change it every 100 hours or so... then you won't have to replace the pump due to excessive load trying to pull gas through a dirty filter...

Comment

I changed mine at 140 and 300 hours, fuel pump made it to 450 then died. Changed it when I replaced the pump.
          OH-IO!

Comment

I would only change it when your fuel pump dies.

Comment

the fuel filter is only used when your tank is less than 1/2 or 1/3 full. Keep your tank full, lessen the heat build up of your pump and save your filter...
              sigpic
              Kamloops Waterski Club
              www.kwsc.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by KWSC View Post
                the fuel filter is only used when your tank is less than 1/2 or 1/3 full. Keep your tank full, lessen the heat build up of your pump and save your filter...
                This is what I think also. I never go below 3/4 of a tank so the fuel filter is doing nothing for me anyway. As long as your gas level is above the bypass hose in the pic, fuel is not going through the filter. That bypass hose is definitely below the 1/2 tank level.
                Attached Files
                We defy the mafia!

Comment

I only use dump jugs with strainers to fill. I never go below 1/4 tank and usually not below 1/2.

Replaced filter when I bought it to start fresh.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                  Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

Originally posted by KWSC View Post
                    I did not know this... good to know... crud you made me learn something... d*(n you!

Comment

Working...
                    X