Riser gasket- replacment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riser gasket- replacment

I have a little leak and going to change these gaskets.

Is this something that is doable on the lift or should I get it out of the water to do this?

Also- basically pull the bolts- clean up and put gasket and bolts in or is it hard to line back up? Do I need to pull exhaust hose off?

Thanks

You should be able to do that on the lift. Yes, remove the bolts, clean up, and put it back together. Lining it back up shouldn't be that bad - just need to get the bolts through.

I would loosen up the clamps on the hoses before you start so you can pull the riser out of the hose, then tighten the clamps back up at the end.

After you get it apart, I would also stuff some rags, or pieces of rags, in in the exhaust manifold openings so your gasket material doesn't fall in there.

Comment

Originally posted by wtrskr View Post
      You should be able to do that on the lift. Yes, remove the bolts, clean up, and put it back together. Lining it back up shouldn't be that bad - just need to get the bolts through.

I would loosen up the clamps on the hoses before you start so you can pull the riser out of the hose, then tighten the clamps back up at the end.

After you get it apart, I would also stuff some rags, or pieces of rags, in in the exhaust manifold openings so your gasket material doesn't fall in there.
      Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketboy View Post
        I have a little leak and going to change these gaskets.

Is this something that is doable on the lift or should I get it out of the water to do this?

Also- basically pull the bolts- clean up and put gasket and bolts in or is it hard to line back up? Do I need to pull exhaust hose off?

Thanks
        Do not pull the exhaust hoses off! Keep them attached, reinstalling the hoses if the riser is on the block is not easy...

Comment

Working...
        X