Indmar LTR Water Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indmar LTR Water Pump

I'm going to the lake all next week and I figured I'd be crazy not to have a spare raw water pump impeller. I decided not to replace the impeller in the spring, mainly because my list of things to do to get the boat ready for the water was just too large. It seems like an easy fix and easy to diagnose if it were to fail.

Anyway, looking at the impeller box contents:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Impeller Box Contents.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	2474833
    There are 2 o-rings in the box. What are these for ? This seems like a simple job but I'm not sure where the o-rings go unless it's between the pump and the motor. And in that case they aren't needed for the LTR impeller replacement.
    2000 Prostar 205V

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
    I'm going to the lake all next week and I figured I'd be crazy not to have a spare raw water pump impeller. I decided not to replace the impeller in the spring, mainly because my list of things to do to get the boat ready for the water was just too large. It seems like an easy fix and easy to diagnose if it were to fail.

Anyway, looking at the impeller box contents:
    [ATTACH]204218[/ATTACH]
    There are 2 o-rings in the box. What are these for ? This seems like a simple job but I'm not sure where the o-rings go unless it's between the pump and the motor. And in that case they aren't needed for the LTR impeller replacement.
    Looks like an overall replacement kit for the applicable need. On your engine, I think you will use the gasket. The o-rings are superfluous, but if I am not recalling correctly, you'll see it when you get in there. Remember I am a Ford guy but it is straight forward.

Point is; you're on the right track.

93 190
    (safe click)

Comment

Thanks for the info. It seems like an easy enough job until you order the impeller kit and there are 2 o-rings that you don't know where they go ....
      2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
        Thanks for the info. It seems like an easy enough job until you order the impeller kit and there are 2 o-rings that you don't know where they go ....
        That kit will work for you. Gasket.

93 190
        (safe click)

Comment

Working...
        X