Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpwhit
    replied
    I wouldn't assume the carb is the only possible cause.

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Originally posted by tockit View Post
    I bought the Holley 4160 new last Spring, directly from Holley. It runs perfect when warm, and it even starts good when you’ve let it sit for a couple hours, but if you let it sit overnight, then try to crank it, it’s very hard to start.

The choke works, the choke blade goes all the way open when warm and it has 12 volts.

I’ve tried adjusting the choke several times and it doesn’t seem to change things much.

Put the choke back in the middle setting, as was.

Today, I gave it two pumps of throttle before cranking and it took forever to start. Choke blade is closed when cold and came open when it warmed up.

Is there anyone that has any suggestions? I’d really appreciate it!
    Do you have the 32 year old OEM coil installed? Electronic ignition or points in the distributor?

Do you happen to have the specs...jet size, power valve, etc?

Looking into the body of the carburetor, what does the fuel output look like...stream, spray, drips, little fuel at all?

Last edited by waterlogged882; 10-14-2021, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MasterCraft Ranger
    replied
    If you bought it directly from Holley, why not ask them? Maybe you already have but I’d assume they have some level of tech support available. What’s crazy is you just described my carb’s behavior. And it’s 30 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• tockit
    started a topic Holley 4160 Carburetor hard starting only when cold

Holley 4160 Carburetor hard starting only when cold

I bought the Holley 4160 new last Spring, directly from Holley. It runs perfect when warm, and it even starts good when you’ve let it sit for a couple hours, but if you let it sit overnight, then try to crank it, it’s very hard to start.

The choke works, the choke blade goes all the way open when warm and it has 12 volts.

I’ve tried adjusting the choke several times and it doesn’t seem to change things much.

Today, I gave it two pumps of throttle before cranking and it took forever to start. Choke blade is closed when cold and came open when it warmed up.

Is there anyone that has any suggestions? I’d really appreciate it!
Working...
X